S.M.O.L

KNOWN ISSUE more than 100fps but it feels like 30

Question

Hello, I'm enjoying the game a lot, but there's this thing that is annoying af.

No matter how much FPS I have, 60 or 180, for some reason it feels like I'm playing at 30 and I've tried turning Vsync on and off, windowed screen, lowering the graphics, etc... nothing helps.
Is there a way to fix this?
The game is running in a SSD.
Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500x 
RAM: 16g 3000mhz crucial ballistix
SSD: 1tb M.2 WD blue
GPU: AMD RX5600XT Sapphire Pulse
Monitor: LG E2250 75hz (I've tried using it at 60 but didn't help)

It's a bit hard to see it in a video but I'm sending one, I hope you guys understand what I'm talking about.

Video.zip

• Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

2 hours ago, S.M.O.L said:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500x 

I feel your pain here. I also use an AMD . I think because it is used less than others that Bohemia hasn't factored in those types of processors and graphics.....yet. Give them some time and I think they will eventually get around to making it better for our types of computers, as well as macs and linux. (Linux will probably take the longest wait period) I wholeheartedly believe in this dev team because they listen to all our issues and do address them, but addressing them takes a lot of work, and they have priorities to work on before they address things like these. I'm pretty sure however that it's on their list of things to do, but first they have to fix bugs and give the updates they really wish to expand upon on the other types of systems. In it's current state the game is geared more towards intel and nvidia graphics cards or better. I think we just have to be patient before they include AMD fixes and then onto the rest of it....linux, PS4,Nintendo, xbox, etc. I feel strongly those other platforms will eventually be a growing part of the community of players that play the game, and cross platforming will be an integral part of the game. Right now a lot of people play either on mobile or the more common computers but cross platform is available to both types of players. 

On a side note I upgraded my RAM in my laptop and that seemed to greatly improve the framerate....I was rocking 4gb when I first started playing and have the exact same ram card as you now (Crucial 16 g 3000mhz) When I upgraded I noticed an improvement in the framerate and am now considering 32gb RAM upgrade to see if that acts as a stable balance. 

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

Hi there! 

I ran this past our programmers and we are aware of the issue but currently there isn't a fix. If this changes, we will le toyu know. 

Thank you for letting us know! 

• Like 2