Sign in to follow this  
Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #218 Sea You Underwater!

Hey there, Ylanders!

If things go right, the next Dev Diary you'll read will be about the successful release of update 1.9. 

Once again, it is a big one. For a long time, the seas were just dull places with not much to do. With 1.9, though, you will get various gorgeous underwater biomes with interesting Random Encounters and resources. You will craft pieces of diving equipment to reach deeper places and travel to other regions to get specific fish while avoiding deadly sharks.

Ylands_Underwater_Biotopes_Logo_FHD.png

All this - and all other features and fixes both big and small - are based on feedback and wishes you've provided us with. Also, many of these features were tweaked based on the specific feedback you provided by playing the Experimental build of 1.9 in the past few days. These adjustments are either already present in the 1.9 update you'll get later next week or they're being tested and will be introduced in some of the future patches.

This time many of you decided to help us with fine-tuning the update before its release, so let us thank you again. Getting your feedback is a tremendous help and that's why for 1.10 we will focus on cooperating with you even more and in earlier stages of the development process.

We hope that when you get your hands on Ocean Odysseys you will like what we've created together. 

So see you underwater next week and until then... stay healthy and classy!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you Ales and the rest of the team! This looks like it's going to be an amazingly gorgeous update!! Also many thanks for listening to what players wanted included in the game. I know it takes a lot of time and effort but your team is on top of it all. I look forward to all the new surprises

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/27/2022 at 6:31 PM, Lance Crook said:

I have never seen a update like this one. 

I'm pretty sure no-one ever had untill 3/25/2022.