Sign in to follow this  
XXon

Attack Target script is bugged...?

Question

This involves the attack target script. Try this game, it will show you the bug, it is easy to show, it takes five minutes or less.

RAIN STORM (<<< that's two words) is the game. All the scripts are identical except as noted. The problem is easily replicated.

The result of the bug is that enemies gather in a circle around you but don't attack. It is caused by Attack Target, I think. It only happens after dying once, sometime twice. Just try the game you will see.

20220329101723_1.jpg

Edited by XXon
clarity

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hey Xxon
I checked in the Ylands Games section, you haven't uploaded any game called RAIN STORM, or any composition either.

image.thumb.png.e0fc394778bedbedab98cc1c740044dc.png

Are you refering to the Sand Storm thread you started?

Please uploaded your file onto the forums or to the game so that we may take a look.

Providing us pictures of your game gives us too little information to help you properly.

If you want to know where to find your ylands files it's through here.

image.png.14f3bf8c3372aa9eafa151db4313f0db.png

Sorry, It's two words RAIN STORM, under games. It's just a small demonstration of the issue.

And yes, this is related to SAND STORM, the other thread, I figured maybe this had crossed a line into bug territory.

Edited by XXon

This problem isn't a big deal, you can work around it with Move to Target.

What I think IS a big deal: One attack at a time no matter haw many there are. That is a complete game breaker right there. No matter how many enemies you see on the screen, there is only one. Every fight is one on one. If you picture a fight, a bunch of little guys, maybe a few medium guys and the big guy. The big guy is never ever going to hit you, just a few little guys. You will kill 4 or 5 at a time and only get hit once. Game breaker.

My question is can this be remedied and, in all honesty, if it can't, I'm done. No point in going any further, because it's all just window dressing, then. No game at all.

So, what about that?

@XXon
Taking a look right now, will give you an full answer soon.

Nvm, seems like you got an alternative solution based off your other thread.

I was able to get 3 enemies to attack me somewhat simultanously.

image.thumb.png.4387ddb46854316ac4b9f06ac21f67f0.png

I have reason to believe it's caused by dynamic pathing. (The AI system) that interfers with the attacking.

There is most likely a script that prevents too many entities from attacking the player. Maybe it causes bugs, or maybe the developers though it was unfair.

However, the good news is you *could* always make your own custom units. (With alot of effort and time) and stack as many as you'd want.

If you are interested in that pm me.

Edited by Igor Q.

I accept and encourage diminishing returns, but 3 of the eight should hit you non-stop when you are surrounded. This is like a Steven Segal movie with 50 bad guys who attack you, only one at a time. VERY BORING. I realize you don't want to stun lock the player, but a cool down solves that.

Once you see the effect, you can't unsee it. I would like to hear from a developer that this is what you aimed for and want. Or that this is the best you can do. Something more than speculation.

I am a bit disturbed at the state of affairs at this late in the development. That is VERY broken.

Edited by XXon
  • Like 1