Topkek

RESOLVED Game update stuck on Downloading Game Binaries

Question

So I used to play this game ALOT and I had recently gone on holiday for a while so I couldn't really play nearly as much. When I came back I noticed a few updates had been released and I tried to update them, thats when I had realised It was stuck on downloading game binaries.

Could anyone help me out? I really want to play this game again!:D

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

Have you tried running the launcher as administrator?

By the way, I already warned you about your name once, I hope I won't have to do it again :)

Yes i have tried running it as administrator and it didnt really make a difference

and on my end i dont see anything wrong with my name?? Is there a way you could fix it for me? I really didnt mean for it to happen

I would try removing all the Ylands data and reinstalling everything from scratch, if you haven't tried already.

I changed your name myself :)

also I really dont want to get rid of my old worlds would re installing the game remove them?

2 hours ago, Topkek said:

Its downloaded 39% then stopped and froze again :/

Did you tried to install the game out of c:/Program Files (x86) ?

Try to use a directory that ton need admin privileges.

Try it, could help.

Good luck

9 hours ago, Topkek said:

also I really dont want to get rid of my old worlds would re installing the game remove them?

I've had the same problem with the game and had to reinstall everything to a different directory, because reinstalling to the same directory didn't work. So I reinstalled to a folder named Ylands2 for example.

Regarding your saved worlds: if you go to documents/Ylands/ you will find folders containing your savegames, screenshots, compositions etc. I would make a backup/copy of all these folders and after reinstalling the game paste them over the fresh empty folders to get back your savegames. That's how I did it and it worked for me, I didn't lose any data :) 

Adrie