Sign in to follow this  
SlumnIt

RESOLVED Name Change - PRIVACY ISSUES! Fix It!

I need a name changed; The one in-game under "Player Details" not the one here on the forum.

For some reason this is showing my last name; which my 12 yr old daughter plays this game, not me. It should not be using Personal information in a public game.
I can event think of where Ylands would have gotten my last name; I don't have that information saved to my Bohemia Account. 
My steam account is linked, but the gamertag on there is not my last name either.

Please change the in-game name to the same as my Bohemia Account, SmplNerd
(Not the one on this forum; Why the Bohemia profile name is different than the one on the forum is beyond me.. its actually really stupid having the names setup this way!)

The name change process needs to be easier, and quicker, for Privacy issues such as this!
I can't even click the name to change it in-game at all!

Link it to our Steam name or something!

Edited by SlumnIt

Hey! 

I changed the in game name for you. We will also investigate what could have happened there. 

Thank you for letting us know and sorry about the trouble! 

1 hour ago, Nikki Severin said:

Hey! 

I changed the in game name for you. We will also investigate what could have happened there. 

Thank you for letting us know and sorry about the trouble! 

Apparently this does not resolve the "name" everywhere.. As the ship "owner" is still showing the name (our last name) before it was changed.
It shows in "Player Details" as being changed, but not anywhere else.

Also note that you all have the player "Title" in the wrong place; it should come before a name, not after it. 
Like "Sir" Bob, or "Captain" Bob, or "Lord" Bob.. not Bob "Captain"

1 minute ago, SlumnIt said:

Apparently this does not resolve the "name" everywhere.. As the ship "owner" is still showing the name (our last name) before it was changed.
It shows in "Player Details" as being changed, but not anywhere else.

Also note that you all have the player "Title" in the wrong place; it should come before a name, not after it. 
Like "Sir" Bob, or "Captain" Bob, or "Lord" Bob.. not Bob "Captain"

Could you please send me some screenshot of this in a PM? 

Thank you! 

13 minutes ago, Nikki Severin said:

Could you please send me some screenshot of this in a PM? 

Thank you! 

Sent