Sign in to follow this  
Hunter-Over-Fire

Extra Inventory Containers

Question

Inventory containers can save alot more space than they themselves take up,  however, not everything has its own Inventory Container to fit into. Weapons for instance. There are many diferent weapons in the world of Ylands, and I'm sure many players like to collect them. I'm sure it's against the book to be carrying around an entire arsenal of weapons you'll most likely never use, but I constantly run into the trouble of having my Inventory become full because I've hoarded too many weapons and am too lazy to make room in order to store them. On a more reasonable note, I suggest making some sort of ammo container for bullets, musket balls, arrows, and whatever else can be used as ammo. I'm a big gun user, and I'd be massively encouraged to craft more ammo if I hade a space to store it all. 

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

20 hours ago, Hunter-Over-Fire said:

Inventory containers can save alot more space than they themselves take up,  however, not everything has its own Inventory Container to fit into. Weapons for instance. There are many diferent weapons in the world of Ylands, and I'm sure many players like to collect them. I'm sure it's against the book to be carrying around an entire arsenal of weapons you'll most likely never use, but I constantly run into the trouble of having my Inventory become full because I've hoarded too many weapons and am too lazy to make room in order to store them. On a more reasonable note, I suggest making some sort of ammo container for bullets, musket balls, arrows, and whatever else can be used as ammo. I'm a big gun user, and I'd be massively encouraged to craft more ammo if I hade a space to store it all. 

I'm still holding out for a lunchbox LOL

1 hour ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I'm still holding out for a lunchbox LOL

That was haunestly one of my first ideas, I just forgot to list it. I do agree though. I have tons of food I'd like to store without filling up the ship's reserve storage. I'm also considering suggesting an Inventory Container Container, because all of my Inventory Containers are taking up half of my inventory!

1 hour ago, Hunter-Over-Fire said:

That was haunestly one of my first ideas, I just forgot to list it. I do agree though. I have tons of food I'd like to store without filling up the ship's reserve storage. I'm also considering suggesting an Inventory Container Container, because all of my Inventory Containers are taking up half of my inventory!

This is the main ship i use. It's got ample storage. Plus all the workstations except for the new ones in this video. Took me a lot of time to design, and @Mello1223 designed the side storage pontoons. pretty much every floor and wall and ceiling is cabinets.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hunter-Over-Fire said:

That's an intimidating amout of storage.

And I have 3 of them full of supplies. Not had much of a chance to gather the new resources since the update though, but yeah the side pontoons are full to the brim with iron ingot, copper ingot, saltpeter, sulphur, clay, logs, stone chunks, etc....the flloors outside one side is all marble in containers and the other side is all sandstone.....inside the ship is of course where I keep the good stuff......a kitchen I could literally eat for months in, a few million gold ingot, ylandium crystals, and of course many rare items. I have one door in a pontoon with nothing but empty cabinets because I was planning ahead for this update. I can literally build a few million propeller packs without ever leaving the ship...although it would be sort of pointless except  for trading purposes

The main reason i designed it was because I have friends that usually make these enormous blueprints....sometimes they need 80 thousand glass, sometimes they need a hundred thousand logs and sticks, etc.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/3/2022 at 10:29 PM, spiritchaser28 said:

The main reason i designed it was because I have friends that usually make these enormous blueprints....sometimes they need 80 thousand glass, sometimes they need a hundred thousand logs and sticks, etc.

ya I feel this. My boats usually require a few ten of thousands of stone to blueprint. But if you build it slowly free hand. it only requires some shoveling

I have to agree on this. Given the amount of resources needed to construct even a reasonably sized house, the standard chests hold far too little.

I think I have 10 chests on my starting island, 4 on my Catamaran and at least one at each Yland I explore. Something like the seed box, but for items such was weapons, ore, food, etc., would be a great addition. Even better would be crates that auto sort by type. "Have fish or ore spread through 10 crates, lets auto sort them to put the fish in one crate and the ore in another..."