Sign in to follow this  
Hunter-Over-Fire

Crafting Stations can't see the contents of Inventory Containers

Question

I know it's not really much of a bug as it is something that hasn't been worked out yet, but It's been nagging at me for months now. It is impossible to fuel furnaces and other fire-related Work Stations directly with the Coal Basket. The Fuel option also doesn't show in either of their interfaces. I do understand that this is because the furnace doesn't detect the Inventory Container as fuel, nor does it detect that there's coal inside the Coal Basket, but hey, it works on steam engines, so why not a furnace?! This is the same for a Bow Drill or Flint Lighter when they are placed in the Tool Box Inventory Container. As long as your ignition methods are stowed away in an Inventory Container, the furnace can't see them, and therefor the Ignite option doesn't show. It would be nice if you could work in a way for crafting interfaces to check the Inventory Containers for fuels and ignition methods. It would save us tons of time in the long run.

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
Edits

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

27 minutes ago, Hunter-Over-Fire said:

I know it's not really much of a bug as it is something that hasn't been worked out yet, but It's been nagging at me for months now. It is impossible to fuel furnaces and other fire-related Work Stations directly with the Coal Basket. The Fuel option also doesn't show in either of their interfaces. I do understand that this is because the furnace doesn't detect the Inventory Container as fuel, nor does it detect that there's coal inside the Coal Basket, but hey, it works on steam engines, so why not a furnace?! This is the same for a Bow Drill or Flint Lighter when they are placed in the Tool Box Inventory Container. As long as your ignition methods are stowed away in an Inventory Container, the furnace can't see them, and therefor the Ignite option doesn't show. It would be nice if you could work in a way for crafting interfaces to check the Inventory Containers for fuels and ignition methods. It would save us tons of time in the long run.

Usually what I noticed with the workstations is it takes the fuel in inventory from the top left slot first moving to the next available fuel source after it has been depleted.....so my suggestion is if you want to use coal to fuel your workstations first, place the coal basket to the left of sticks and other fuel sources in your inventory

• Upvote 1