Sign in to follow this  
SlumnIt

How to Unlock items for Crafting?

We have been searching and searching for how items become unlocked for crafting.

We can't make a dye station, as we don't know how to unlock it. We crafted all the items needed to actually craft the dye stand; Glass, Iron, Hammer. 
But doing so has NOT unlocked it to be crafted. 

How do you unlock the higher tier Diving Gear? Somehow we unlocked the diving helmet, I'm assuming through finding the item. But how do we unlock the other things?
We would like to explore the ocean locations, but can't currently as they are too deep for us to go with just the neoprene suit (coral tier.)

Would be nice if there was some sort of explanation on how items are unlocked for crafting.. besides finding random encounters, which seems to unlock things we don't care about (like stone blocks)

dye station now requires a nautilus bladder (nautilus schoal spawns in temeperate regions, catch it using the new fishing net) dye station recipe unlocked for me after i got that. and it is also needed for iron tier air tank (which then requires rubber, and to make it you need to go to the arctic..) I had no issues getting the bladder using a coral tank

1 minute ago, p4rr said:

dye station now requires a nautilus bladder (nautilus schoal spawns in temeperate regions, catch it using the new fishing net) dye station recipe unlocked for me after i got that. and it is also needed for iron tier air tank (which then requires rubber, and to make it you need to go to the arctic..) I had no issues getting the bladder using a coral tank

Thanks, seems the Wiki is not very up to date then, as there is no mention of this "Nautilus Bladder" on there for the recipe of the dye station.
Seems like something stupid to change the recipe for.. 

Curious though, what is the reason for having to go to the arctic to make rubber? Rubber is made in the Chemistry Bench is it not, or has that changed?

the ocean update is only a few days old.

many recipes had 'sea stuff' added

rubber is made in chem. station, which requires a test tube and for that you need a glowing jellyfish drop, which spawns in arctic ( the new fish parts have a description saying where to get them ) i haven't been to arctic yet, but I'd assume those too can be found in a kelp forest biome.. seems like the schoals of all the new sea animals only spawn in the new ocean biomes (see map) and not in regular ocean 

10 minutes ago, p4rr said:

rubber is made in chem. station, which requires a test tube and for that you need a glowing jellyfish drop, which spawns in arctic ( the new fish parts have a description saying where to get them ) i haven't been to arctic yet, but I'd assume those too can be found in a kelp forest biome.. seems like the schoals of all the new sea animals only spawn in the new ocean biomes (see map) and not in regular ocean 

Thanks again; very useful to know..

Looks like they are trying really hard to force people to check out all the new ocean stuff.. even if it not wanted or doesn't make any sense for a test tube (which is made of glass) to need a glowing protein and a fish bladder.

We haven't found any of the "Nautilus" yet, although we have been exploring around the "Rainforest" islands. Not sure if that is "Temperate" or not... We have found many different kinds of fish: Trout, Jellyfish (not glowing though apparently), Mackerel, Sturgeon, Moorish (Dory), Clownfish (Nemo), Blue Tang, Tuna, Sea Slug, Sea Bass... but not what we need apparently..

Edited by SlumnIt

no, temperate is the one with oak trees

Edited by p4rr

@SlumnIt
If you ever want to "cheat" your way to find out how to craft something you can open an empty editor file, and go inside the logic of the Spawn Point and insert the following
image.png.3b5605384a07bb54d574a4392cee96d7.png

Once you start up the editor file, you can then find the crafting requirements when you hit tab.

image.thumb.png.76cc0f10b87cda21feb9674689420423.png

(You can use this for any item)

Edited by Igor Q.
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, p4rr said:

no, temperate is the one with oak trees

Alright thanks, once we figure out how to get to the islands that are not "Tropic" we will try to go find one of the fish w/ the bladder.

8 hours ago, Igor Q. said:

@SlumnIt
If you ever want to "cheat" your way to find out how to craft something you can open an empty editor file, and go inside the logic of the Spawn Point and insert the following

Once you start up the editor file, you can then find the crafting requirements when you hit tab.

(You can use this for any item)

Thanks, does this effect the game in any other way? Like disabled the ability to earn achievements or the awards that give you in-game coins?

Also do you know of something like this that will reveal the map? The area around the ship/player that is revealed is incredibly tiny, and the ship is so slow; it will take her days (IRL) to sail around an entire "local" map to reveal all of it..

@SlumnIt

It shouldn't block achievements but I think you'll need to be playing on vanilla to unlock achievements.

If you want scout a map quickly you could use a time trigger to loop move your character every ~0.5 seconds to a new region to expand the map.

On 4/4/2022 at 10:16 AM, p4rr said:

I traveled to the arctic; in attempt to find the glowing fish.. The neoprene suit doesn't protect you from the freezing waters.. and there doesn't seem to be a "kelp forest" in the polar waters.
Its "Mushroom Forest", "Anemone Forest", "Crystal Formation" and "Geothermal Area" .. none of which I seem to be able to get to with the neoprene diving suit.

EDIT: They are in the Anemone Forest areas. Which are Yellow and toward the deeper waters (at least on the group of islands I went to).. be careful though; as the neoprene suit doesn't keep you warm, you will lose health from freezing. But there is air things down there, and you can just make it before you lose all health from freezing.. Oh, and there are sharks too..  Seems about each swarm of glowing jellyfish will give you 6 or 7.. which is 12 - 14 Glowing Protein

Edited by SlumnIt

hi. as igor mentioned, cheating with the editor doesn't work in exploration mode yet. from experience, however, I can say that the fastest way to unlock several objects for crafting is to research and create a tools and craft stations. you can use crab armor to explore deep underwater biomes. adds enough heat bonus so that you don't freeze in the deep and also enough resistance to sharks.yes, it is quite difficult to find the necessary things, but if you focus on unlocking and creating all the tools and subsequent production stations, then I can almost certainly say that when looking for material for these things you will find all the other things that can be produced in the game.but if you just need some kind of something and you cant find it, you can ask other players here or at the discord if they can't help you. There are very many friendly and kind players in the community who will be happy to help you

9 hours ago, Mello1223 said:

good tool, but currently you can open the whole map in the editor using the settings

Ye,but he wants the whole map permanently visible

41 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

Ye,but he wants the whole map permanently visible

I 'm talking about it. it can be set in the settings.

17 hours ago, 6Cowa6Bunga6 said:

this cant be done for exploration

Correct; She's playing exploration mode. Which those "maps", "ylands", or whatever you want to call them, do not show up in the Editor.
And I don't want to do anything that might prevent her from completing the achievements, which are available in exploration mode.

1 hour ago, SlumnIt said:

Correct; She's playing exploration mode. Which those "maps", "ylands", or whatever you want to call them, do not show up in the Editor.
And I don't want to do anything that might prevent her from completing the achievements, which are available in exploration mode.

Well...on that note it wouldn't be called "Exploration" if everything was revealed. Editor made maps can reveal the entire map like @Mello1223 pointed out, but Exploration DLC is a different game, and it requires exploring.

On a side note I believe it is planned in the future to have editor made maps available in sort of an "alternate dimension" of exploration.....but it will still be 2 separate games. Traditional exploration has PVP areas and it would be unfair advantage if the map owner had some advantage over the players visiting the map....But in the future plans of adding editor made maps to a second version of exploration it might be fun to explore in a different way.....with certain rules in place for each map....but I'm pretty sure they want to keep those sorts of maps separate from the original exploration/survival updates so people aren't just handed a ton of gold, resources, and overpowered weapons from the jump to carry into the actual survival game

Hope that made sense

Edited by spiritchaser28

being able to edit an island or "map" would be very cool for exploration, doesnt mean you need to be able to edit items. Just terraforming with foliage.

cause terraforming and digging underground cities with a single drill can feel like work

pleas i need some help i have looked all over the net and found only lies please some one how do i unlock the heavy diver suit ? 

i am playing in Adventure .. it is one of the only things i have not unlocked or found ..