Hunter-Over-Fire

Old Ylands Talk

I'm not sure what exactly to write here since I've only been playing for about 3 years. I've mainly intended for this thread to carry on through posts and comments, so share whatever knowledge of the old game, or facts about a previous update you have.

I'll start. Remember when the Mummy was a SKELETON?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hunter-Over-Fire said:

I'll start. Remember when the Mummy was a SKELETON?

Ales had talked about this once in a stream when the question was brought up about bones. Apparently in some Eastern cultures bones are offensive to some religions. It was sort of the reason they had them removed from the game...they are considering bringing them back, but the game is worldwide and for kids so they endeavor not to offend any particular people's beliefs. I think this is also most likely the reason we do not see cows and bulls in the game....in some regions around the planet they are considered sacred.

Shame. I miss the skeleton. From one corpse to another I suppose. As human beings, shouldn't we take offense to a corpse just waltzing around anyways?

• Haha 1

I remember back when the sharks would just beach themselves and you'd probably take the oportunity to stab them to death with your stone spear in order to obtain a quick snack for the evening.

thats about when you would catch one every so often flying about minding its own business.

Look, its a seagull, wait no its a shark

looking for seagulls to find more islands

Had to dug up some screenshots for this thread 😁 

The old inventory after changing brownish gray for the stylish blue.

616963067_2016-08-26(9)-kopie.thumb.png.bc12e01fc6d4a4ef1a820e881ea364ae.png

Organization galore before containers were added 😅

2093227849_2017-04-18(2).thumb.png.293de069af67b8083e1d4df30a38506a.png

Skeletons everywhere!

1522970545_2017-08-01(1).thumb.png.f866d3cb211bb23fc08602f0536e4cf5.png

My Ylandium underground maintenance corridors before caves were added.  Felt almost claustrophobic there. It's Ylands, why am I underground?! 😄

1293911391_2017-04-18(18).thumb.png.3c886b198923b41d1feebdbe82036e2b.png

• Like 3

talk about blast from the past with your screenshots. !! 

when has there not been some sort of underground digging. that was always a favorite things of Ylands. The digging
Though early yland days it was easy to find tunnels with firstperson 

42 minutes ago, 6Cowa6Bunga6 said:

talk about blast from the past with your screenshots. !! 

when has there not been some sort of underground digging. that was always a favorite things of Ylands. The digging
Though early yland days it was easy to find tunnels with firstperson 

I think everybody learns to dig fast and make fire when they are in colder climates. Shelter and warmth is crucial to survive in those first stages on those sorts of starting maps

Edited by spiritchaser28

never wanted to waste the protective barrier at the start, so trying to hide your base underground was always the best method.
I would usually plant trees and bushes around my entrance  area to try and hide it better. 

plus it would always be a worry when someone comes and steals your stuff cause it wasn't in your one and only single protective barrier

• Like 1

I miss the original main menu screen. So simple, yet so elegant! It sold the game to me in seconds.

• Like 2

Oh I got another one!

I remember when Ylands hosted their own Exploration servers that anyone could join! The maps were enormous and islands weren’t easy to find back then! I used to pack my bags and sail off to the polar islands.

Back then people didn’t even bother trying to explore the polar wastes as there was nothing there. With the right kit I could survive there for weeks without being raided!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

Back then people didn’t even bother trying to explore the polar wastes as there was nothing there. With the right kit I could survive there for weeks without being raided!

I use to use this strategy as well. would have to make an underground garden to be able to survive after hiding your entrance with some snow. i would sometimes go off from the polar islands out of render and make a small island with a tunnel cause you couldn't unsummon your boat to hide it. 

every so often you would find someone who came up and froze and their boat crashed into the island. 

I was a little more brazen! I used to build my little hut and farm nestled amongst the mountains as trees didn’t spawn on polar islands back then.

It required a lot of preparation before settling there however. I needed to ensure I brought enough materials to build my blueprint house, warm clothes and seeds for renewable resources and food.

I remember when Ylands hosted their own Exploration servers that anyone could join! The maps were enormous and islands weren’t easy to find back then! I used to pack my bags and sail off to the polar islands.

panorama charter com
19216811.bid

Edited by gark beda