Sign in to follow this  
Nikki Severin

Dev Diary #219 Answers? For Shore!

Hey there, fellow Ylanders!

Update 1.9, Ocean Odysseys, is finally out and we're glad that you like this latest expansion of Exploration world.
We've fixed and balanced a lot of issues based on the feedback you provided after playing the Experimental game branch ("beta"). We're extremely grateful and will continue to monitor your ideas and comments so that we can further improve what we've released.

Any new update always brings a lot of questions, so we'll do our best to answer the ones you've been asking the most. If you don't find what you're looking for below, don't despair - we'll be doing a special live stream soon and you'll be able to ask us, once again, about anything.

DD219.png

Where can I find _______ (new resource)?
Sometimes finding a specific resource can be tricky, especial given they're sometimes to be found in the murky sea depths. This needs some exploring (hence the Exploration :) ). What can help you, though, is the description shown after selecting the resource you need.
That being said - it's possible, that some resources are harder to find than planned or not easily identifiable. That's something we're already looking into and it should be, at least partially, improved in one of the upcoming patches.

Where are the submarines?
Submarines would be cool, but they are not currently planned. That's not saying we may decide to add some faster way of propelling through the waters. If any larger vessel type makes it into Ylands in the future, you will find it way up high, not way down below :).

How does the ship damaging work?
Ships can be now damaged by either dealing direct damage to the ship, colliding with other objects, or sailing in severe weather.
The amount of collision damage depends on how fast you're sailing and which part of the ship gets hit. Weather damage does not apply when a ship is anchored, in shallow waters, or stationary during a storm.
Outside of construction mode, any entities built on the ship will redirect damage to the ship hull (with some exceptions).

Why does it snow/rain inside again?
This has already been fixed on our internal version of the game and should be released in a patch sometime next week.

I was teleported to a completely new location when I died, why?
This has already been fixed as well (at least we've been able to reproduce at least one way this could have happened). This is one of the reported issues related to respawning and those will be fixed in the next patch or the one coming after that.

Why am I forced to go explore underwater? (most recipes require underwater resources now)
This is intentional. We want to keep enhancing the underwater world and force players to explore it and don't consider it a place where you go once in a long time. We're taking more steps towards making the undersea exploration much more rewarding.
However, once again, this is something we'll be watching and analyzing in the upcoming weeks so it's possible we may decide to tweak it somehow.

We hope you're having fun underwater and will talk to you soon. Until then - stay healthy and classy!

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Nikki Severin said:

If any larger vessel type makes it into Ylands in the future, you will find it way up high, not way down below :).

If that's not a fantastic hint, I don't know what is. Looking forward to that update for sure LOL!

• Like 2

On 4/8/2022 at 8:39 AM, Nikki Severin said:

we'll be doing a special live stream soon and you'll be able to ask us, once again, about anything.

When exactly is that? This dev diary was days ago, but I've not seen a live stream yet...

1 hour ago, SlumnIt said:

When exactly is that? This dev diary was days ago, but I've not seen a live stream yet...

Hey! There will be more information today or tomorrow :) The live stream will happen on Thursday, 14th :) 

• Like 1