Sign in to follow this  
TwitchTX

Can YLands allow me to do these three things?

Can YLands allow me to do these three things?...

1. As a developer, can I make my own crafting recipes out of the gatherable entities?  (i.e. pick 5 Flax Plants, 5 Cave Mushrooms, and 1 Blue Quartz Crystal to craft 1 Health Potion)

2. Can I set 4 potential spawn locations on the map where Flax Plants (for example) will randomly spawn in 2 of the 4 locations, while the other 2 spawn locations remain empty, and furthermore, when you pick 1 Flax Plant, it disappears and then respawns randomly at one of the other empty locations so that there are always 2 random locations WITH Flax Plants and 2 without?  Can you do the same with Enemy Actors?

3. Can I set an armor/weapon durability bar that reduces the strength of the equipped armor/weapon slowly over time (or slowly upon damage) that requires crafted "repair kits" to increase the durability back to full?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

All of these are possible however you wont be able to integrate the crafting recipes into the standard crafting menu, it would have to be some sort of custom system

To add to what Oliver said, the devs have responded that they are very likely to implement support for custom crafting recipes.

Once upon a time, items wore out and broke. I think you must do it yourself now. but you could count each time you are hit, subtract the hit points off of your armor each time. Go to blacksmith, bring hit points back to original.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, XXon said:

Once upon a time, items wore out and broke. I think you must do it yourself now. but you could count each time you are hit, subtract the hit points off of your armor each time. Go to blacksmith, bring hit points back to original.

With the new ship repair system in place, I have a feeling they may integrate an armor and weapon repair system soon. Personally I like the idea, but some may try to rebel against it. ( probably the same folks that were upset about the propeller pack and breathing mask nerf) I also think it would be cool if they integrated a building repair system. Several games have some sort of system in place for these things (Valheim is a great example)....not sure how much those systems would task Unity engines though.....