Sign in to follow this  
Igor Q.

Is there no way to find group position?

I made an animated group and tried to find it's position but it won't return me any information.

I have tried both while the group is moving and while it's not moving but I can't seem to get any returns.

Am I doing something wrong or is this the intended result?

It's super frustrating having no way to get the position of an animated object, especially when it has an existing pivot point!

image.thumb.png.aeb8d4b362ff5a4d370a30f5b0275132.png

image.thumb.png.2af24d92d970b1ad9a13b94bdb20ab3b.png

image.png.b8b56679290b8b4cf1b8c6c9e341080b.png

As far as I know there is no way to get the group position property (as the warning says. yeah its weird but consider the get position tile expects an entity not a group). My workaround for this is to create entity wield(s) and then group the entity wield(s), then you can get the position from the entity wield. If I remember correctly you need to use the Translate Position tile to get the position with offset of 0,0,0. (regular get position just returns entity wield position relative to the group). We need more tools for working with groups.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oliver Hope said:

As far as I know there is no way to get the group position property (as the warning says. yeah its weird but consider the get position tile expects an entity not a group). My workaround for this is to create entity wield(s) and then group the entity wield(s), then you can get the position from the entity wield. If I remember correctly you need to use the Translate Position tile to get the position with offset of 0,0,0. (regular get position just returns entity wield position relative to the group). We need more tools for working with groups.

Yes, you are right, the tile transform position with zero offset returns you to the position of the entity in the group.and yes,we rly need more tiles for working with groups 🙏

Hi, unfortunately there is not this feature (yet).

You can "hack it" - place Reference point in the group's pivot position and use "Transform position <reference point> <0, 0, 0>".

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 7:02 AM, Houp said:

Hi, unfortunately there is not this feature (yet).

You can "hack it" - place Reference point in the group's pivot position and use "Transform position <reference point> <0, 0, 0>".

Thanks! Do you have any vague idea when it might be implemented? 

I hope I will be able to influence others to have it in the next 1.10 update. :)However, no promises.

• Like 1