BigAbsTH21

Why isn't Ylands being played?

I was thinking about ylands a while back and thought to myself, "Damn, I'm going to play this game." I wasn't keeping up with the updates, and now it's been a year. I purchased the game, but it isn't horrible in any way. But no one seems to be interested in playing it. It has a great vibe, but no one in the gaming community seems to be interested. Because I was away, I'm wondering what the pinnacle of its collapse was. I'm hoping it makes some progress!! 

Game is being played, although players are not that vocal about it. There are constantly updates for the game and the new revamp of exploration mode made it definitely more interesting to play as a stand alone game.

If you are looking for more players to play with I suggest going to their discord. It can be quite active with players sometimes

The unfortunate fact is that most games barely get played, even if they are good.

I’m no marketing expert by a long shot. However I’d say that most Steam products follow a similar curve.

Early Access games get a lot of interest down to the Steam Algorithm, Product Marketing and a general optimistic public opinion on what the game will be at release.

It’s a fair statement to say that Ylands hasn’t had the most favourable transition from Early Access due to the direction of its development.

Things have, however improved substantially with further evidence of great things to come.

As I said, I’m no marketing Expert but maybe a new refreshing marketing drive might help? The game is visually charming enough to win over a consumer comfortably. The message needs to get out that the Ylands experience is back!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

As I said, I’m no marketing Expert but maybe a new refreshing marketing drive might help?

They hired a new marketing director a few months ago and I believe even this part of the game is now being addressed in a lot of ways. As with anything Ylands however, patience is always required for good things to happen. I said it years ago, Ylands is definitely not a game for impatient people LOL. All I can say now is the years waiting for improvements to the actual exploration aspect of the game have finally come to fruition and it has been well worth the wait.