TroubadourCig

UNDER REVIEW Unable To Continue Save

Question

So I'm currently having the same cannot continue bug that others have experienced.
Whenever I attempt to open my starter island I get the "Cannot find savefile of this YLAND" message.
Since it's apart of my start island I'm basically forced to fully reset. 
Just for the sake of noting I have not played on any other platform other than PC, and I was playing in "local hosting" mode with one other person. I have no idea what's causing this issue.
I have also added logs in a reply that is waiting to be approved. Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

45e6694c4a3719dfd1f72c7dfec29a0c.png

Edited by TroubadourCig
  • Upvote 2

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

I will be attaching three log files in chronological order. The first and largest one is when I first started playing, created the Yland, and played the game with my girlfriend for about 4 hours. We never left the starting island.

The following one was me opening the game hours later and realizing it didn't work, and then after some time reopening the game to try again. Neither were successful, and I am unable to continue onto the Yland.

log_2022-04-27_234656clean.txt

log_2022-04-28_045809clean.txt

log_2022-04-28_050126clean.txt

edit - After submitting these logs I attempted to circumvent the issue by using "sharegame", and it did not work either. Pretty stuck here.

Edited by TroubadourCig

Hello! 

We need to check if you have the game save in the Game save folder. Can you please check to see if it's there? 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<steamid>\298610\remote\SaveGames

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Nikki Severin said:

Hello! 

We need to check if you have the game save in the Game save folder. Can you please check to see if it's there? 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<steamid>\298610\remote\SaveGames

Thank you!

The save does indeed appear to be missing. I made sure to close the game regularly as I always had. I don't understand how it's gone. Is a "missing save" a bug that y'all are already aware of?

Edited by TroubadourCig

On 4/29/2022 at 11:11 PM, TroubadourCig said:

The save does indeed appear to be missing. I made sure to close the game regularly as I always had. I don't understand how it's gone. Is a "missing save" a bug that y'all are already aware of?

Thank you! We're looking into this, thank you for the report! 

22 hours ago, Nikki Severin said:

Thank you! We're looking into this, thank you for the report! 

Hello dev, now I have the same problem again, could you please check this?