TonyPearce

(Suggestion)Improving the underwater exploration

Question

It takes quiet a while to reach some deep sea bottom, and I've learnt the heavy suit won't make it faster.Maybe they could add some equipment to make it easier, like a diving bell or something else.

Also the sharks are way too powerful, they can't be killed, the beacon is only useful on seabed, we need some kind of underwater weapon.

Oh, will there be mutant shark in underwater caves in the future?Though this may not be a good idea, I wish there will be more marine animals, even fresh water biome 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

6 hours ago, TonyPearce said:

It takes quiet a while to reach some deep sea bottom, and I've learnt the heavy suit won't make it faster.Maybe they could add some equipment to make it easier, like a diving bell or something else.

Also the sharks are way too powerful, they can't be killed, the beacon is only useful on seabed, we need some kind of underwater weapon.

Oh, will there be mutant shark in underwater caves in the future?Though this may not be a good idea, I wish there will be more marine animals, even fresh water biome 

I agree it takes too long to hit bottom sometimes. By the time I reach the bottom in some places I have to turn right around because my air tank is already half depleted. Makes it difficult to explore if you don't immediately see some oxygen coral.

I suggested they bring back switching tanks underwater because real life divers do it all the time. We will see if they bring it back (Fingers crossed)

They talked a bit about the sharks in the last livestream. Not sure what the plan is yet but I am pretty sure they don't want them to be killable. Perhaps the shark repellant flare could at least last a bit longer. Also it would be helpful if we could drink potions or apply bandages underwater again.

• Upvote 2

I was annoyed to find out that you couldn't switch out oxygen tanks or use divers potions underwater. If they added those features in then it would improve things dramatically.

Also agree, the heavy dive boots at least should make you sink much quicker, maybe at the expense of swimming around quick but of you could change your boots to flippers while underwater then that would be fine.

2 minutes ago, handofthesly said:

I was annoyed to find out that you couldn't switch out oxygen tanks or use divers potions underwater. If they added those features in then it would improve things dramatically.

Also agree, the heavy dive boots at least should make you sink much quicker, maybe at the expense of swimming around quick but of you could change your boots to flippers while underwater then that would be fine.

We used to be able to switch out tanks....not sure why they nerfed that idea.....people do this in real life.