Sign in to follow this  
steam-76561198099811880

AI Mount

Hello, dear development team. I'm a developer of ylands editor. When I use the editor, I find a lot of content that I think needs to be improved, so I'm here to give you feedback

1. Team logic

In the process of making the game, I found that the team logic is not easy to use. First, if the team logic is used, players will be given priority to select the team when entering the game, which is obviously unreasonable. When players do not enter the game, they do not know which team they should choose. If this setting is changed to the mode of selecting the team after entering the game or cancelled before entering the game, I feel it is more reasonable, And now the team tag is also very inconvenient to use. If the players of the same team should have the same logo or the same name, color and other settings

2. Mount problem

I found that players cannot interact and use weapons when using mounts. This situation is obviously very unreasonable. If they can use weapons or interact when sitting on mounts, it can make the game more fun and more real. If the development team can carefully consider my suggestions and can use weapons when sitting on mounts, I will be very grateful and grateful. Obviously, this design is also very reasonable

3.AI

At present, AI can be used fairly well, but a big problem is that monsters or other animals using AI cannot identify teams, nor can they attack people or animals other than players. If AI can attack other monsters or NPCs, the scope of games that can be made will be greatly increased, and there will be many types of games that can be made. Similarly, players can turn NPCs into their own soldiers, Summon soldiers to attack other players, NPCs or animals, but from the current AI point of view, such a game cannot be designed, because entities with AI can't attack other entities and can't identify different teams.

These three points are some functions that I especially want the ylands team to add when using the ylands editor, because with these functions, the scope of playing games will become much larger, and it can also make me smoother and happier when making games. I think this design will be more reasonable. I hope the development team can help the development of the game after seeing my opinions, Thank the ylands team for bringing us such a good editor. Thank you.

hello. for point one : TEAM - instead of team logic you can use entity labels and create your own teams at any time during the game
two: you can use "skill logic" to use weapons in different situations. you can now invoke the ability with a script or use button and custom control.yes, it requires more work, but you also have the opportunity to rework it more.
three: AI : don't forget that more NPCs in the game mean more demands for performance, instead I recommend creating your own enemies, according to your own requirements. it also requires more work, but the result will definitely be worth it.

Also regarding point 2, in the next update we will be able to hold certain items in our hands on the mounts. I know torches, compass, and being able to eat while mounted are planned, so maybe using weapons will be coming soon as well.....with the weapons however it may take a bit longer to program because each weapon will require it's own specific animations. I once heard Ales say they won't release any improvement to the game until they are completely satisfied with how that improvement looks. It's one reason first person camera was nerfed in the early stages of development. That doesn't mean they still aren't working on making it possible, but they are sort of perfectionists when it comes down to small details with appearance of the overall game experience. So my suggestion is just have patience and we will see what happens in later updates.

Edited by spiritchaser28