Sign in to follow this  
Igor Q.

[YLD-38165] Zone will not trigger if inside group.

Question

Hi

I found a very peculiar bug while trying to create logic for my robots.

If you create an animated zone inside a group, and cause the group to move, the zone will stop detecting players properly.

I made a video so that you guys could understand it better.

Oddly, the zone will SOMETIMES detect the player if the player is actively moving.

@Houp

image.png

image.png

image.png

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi. this was solved while Adam was here, I told him several times, I think at that time he also sent me an explanation of why it works like this, but I don't remember it exactly..

35 minutes ago, Mello1223 said:

Hi. this was solved while Adam was here, I told him several times, I think at that time he also sent me an explanation of why it works like this, but I don't remember it exactly..

How can it be solved if it doesn't work? XD

zóna deteguje iba entity, ktoré VSTUPUJÚ DO ZÓNY. nerozoznáva entity, do ktorých zóna vstupuje. Neviem, či to dáva zmysel, :D ale riešim to detekciou radu kolízií z vektorových dlaždíc.
Nie je to ideálne riešenie, ale je to pre mňa najjednoduchšie

Snímka obrazovky 2022-05-24 175056.jpg

Snímka obrazovky 2022-05-24 175245.jpg

Edited by Mello1223

5 minutes ago, Mello1223 said:

zóna deteguje iba entity, ktoré VSTUPUJÚ DO ZÓNY. nerozoznáva entity, do ktorých zóna vstupuje. Neviem, či to dáva zmysel, :D ale riešim to detekciou radu kolízií z vektorových dlaždíc.
Nie je to ideálne riešenie, ale je to pre mňa najjednoduchšie

Can you explain more "detecting a series of collisions from vector tiles?"

Edited by Igor Q.

simply put, the tile returns an array of entities in the area. they can also be welded entities, but they can't have collisions turned off . and sorry,  there is a mistake in the photo: for animated group you need transfer position/rotation (game logic) not get position/rotation.   
You can, of course, adjust the condition as needed, I took this for illustration only

Edited by Mello1223

1 minute ago, Mello1223 said:

simply put, the tile returns an array of entities in the area. they can also be welded entities, but they can't have collisions turned off . and sorry,  there is a mistake in the photo: for animated group you need transfer position/rotation (game logic) not get position/rotation

The issue I'm having is, I have about +15 Robot enemies each with 4 zones.

Aggro Range Zone

Lose Aggro Zone

Fire Spin Attack Zone

Lightning Ball Zone

I don't know if the editor can handle that much processing...

in that case, I would suggest constantly detecting the distance of the player to the robots, and only if the distance will be sufficient, start the detection on the robots.  
but it would be worth trying to try it without detecting the distance, because if the robot detects  only players in each of its zones, then it shouldn't be a problem either. you must be brave, the game manages more than we think, and I say this from my own experience :D

it's funny, but I don't understand the point. detection will also find you a player, you don't have to use an extra entity :D

2 minutes ago, Mello1223 said:

it's funny, but I don't understand the point. detection will also find you a player, you don't have to use an extra entity :D

I decided it would just be easier to force the entity to "teleport" on game update at the player location so it force load into the zone to make them trigger properly.

Edited by Igor Q.

interesting solution, but it can have a bug if the player does not move,or no? can add a simple condition and oscillate with the musket ball up and down. just about 0.001. but I haven't tried it, maybe it's not necessary. 

1 minute ago, Mello1223 said:

interesting solution, but it can have a bug if the player does not move,or no? can add a simple condition and oscillate with the musket ball up and down. just about 0.001. but I haven't tried it, maybe it's not necessary. 

That's exactly what I intend to do😂

• Upvote 1

Hi, thx for reporting an issue. It should be fixed in next update.

• Like 1