Sign in to follow this  
Jepopoi

DLC not in the steam store anymore

Me and my friends like this game so much but find it hard to play it. I have an exploration pack and it worked before when they joined my game but recently, like 30 mins ago it doesn't anymore. I want to explore the world with my friends, is there any other way to do that?

The team is on a team retreat until Monday.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the game gives a set time for exploration demo or works as long as you're on the "starting yland".

If one of your friends is missing the exploration DLC, it's not purchased via steam store.  You're friend can get it in the Yland's in-game store.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

I know for a fact if some of your friends do not own the exploration DLC they won't be able to join you in exploration. They will be limited to the tutorial Yland in Exploration until they purchase the DLC.

That being said, if they all own the DLC the best way to invite them is in game when you have the map fully loaded. Press esc, then click invite friends. If some of them are having trouble connecting it may be because you are hosting and your computer can only handle so many people, or because someone trying to connect to your sharegame has a slow computer or connection (The devs recommend 8gb RAM but I personally recommend 16 to 32 gb ram for multiplayer). If you make the game a sharegame you can have a friend with a more powerful computer host. That seems to work best. The other option is renting a server. When you rent a server nobody is actually hosting except Bohemia. Keep in mind if you only want to play with your friends and don't want some random strangers to join it's best to have your game password protected. That can only be done with a sharegame or rented server. If it's done via sharegame, whoever is on the map first is the host and when they leave it boots everybody out until someone else with the password decides to host.....If it's a dedicated server nobody will get booted out when someone leaves.

On 6/10/2022 at 5:55 AM, Jepopoi said:

Me and my friends like this game so much but find it hard to play it. I have an exploration pack and it worked before when they joined my game but recently, like 30 mins ago it doesn't anymore. I want to explore the world with my friends, is there any other way to do that?

Hi there! 

What seems to be the problem? Did you get any error messages? Do you friends own the DLC? 

Thank you for all the replies. @Nikki Severin and no they don't own the DLC. I think i found the exploration pack in the yland shop i'll try to get them to purchase it. thank you guys