Nikki Severin

Dev Diary #229 Magnificent Mythical Beasts

Hey there, fellow Ylanders!

So, let's see... You have explored dozens of ylands, uncovered hundreds of recipes and laid down thousands of blocks. And you think you know it all. That you've seen it all. You have it all. Right?

Wrong!

Update 1.10 brings something special for those of you who travel the uncharted horizons. Those who welcome challenges.

If this sounds like you, get ready to start the grand search for the fabled mythical animals. In the upcoming update you will be able to come across notes left by the famous zoologist Nicholas Arbeo. Each note can lead you to one mythical animal no one has ever seen in Ylands. And you can be the first one to tame it.

DD229.png

There are a lot of those to discover. And if you - as unlikely as it may sound - manage to discover and tame all of them, you're up for a pretty cool surprise in 1.11.

That's it for today, my fellow explorers. Until we meet again - stay classy!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Will I receive this update next month?It looks like there are plenty of things to be explored.

On 6/24/2022 at 5:19 PM, Nikki Severin said:

to one mythical animal no one has ever seen in Ylands. And you can be the first one to tame it.

This part to me sounds like the animals might have a randomly generated appearance, like in No Man's Sky. 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 6:19 PM, Nikki Severin said:

And you can be the first one to tame it.

I read this as be the first one to kill it ...

On 6/25/2022 at 9:30 AM, TonyPearce said:

Will I receive this update next month?It looks like there are plenty of things to be explored.

That is the plan ;)

Whoa nice.

The susprise will for everyone that catches 'em all? 

Would be awesome if they give different trophies 🤗

Edited by jchob

perhaps in the future beasts could be used to farm materials or fight enemies, either by controlling them from afar or by entering them in some magical way xp