Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sargecasm

I just got robbed by two people.

Recommended Posts

As the title says, I got robbed. I am frustrated and angry. However, It's my own fault for having the wrong settings in Multiplayer settings. The confusing part is the "Local" part where I thought it meant local network. So, you can imagine my surprise when building on the new ship that two people come into my region, claiming my old ship, which had all the valuables I had farmed for almost 100 hours. The second player went into my new ship while I was decorating and stole my whole diving gear. So now I am standing here, With basically nothing again infront of my new ship and wondering if I should even bother to keep playing.  After that I updated my settings with a password, but one of them managed to rejoin before that and tried to steal from me again. Luckily I managed to kick him before he did any harm.

But yes. After all this time for nothing because of a small mistake I made there's just no point. The annoying part is, that i did not get any indication that a player joined me. If it is my Region, I should be informed of things like that. If I knew players where there I wouldn't really have my ship waiting for them there and for them to take everything I owned.. I hope you'll change some of the settings because there is nothing more infuriating.

Edit: You should be able to own more than one ship..

allfornothing.jpg

Edited by Sargecasm
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! 

We recognize this to be an issue. This is not the kind of UX we want our players to have, which is why we manged to squeeze in a notification telling you that someone joined your game. This is only the first step in solving this issue and we will continue improving this of course. 

We are very sorry this happened to you. I will send you a PM. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sadly, this happens  so  often  that multiplayer games are dangerous...and i  immediately  kick from my region any  name i  do not recognize before they can move!   kick first! ..its  unfriendly,  but then  99% of  unknowns are coming to plunder and  destroy

Theres also a group of them  well known to  discord  users ...  their only  aim is to   use pvp wherever possible  and    wreck others  experience in the   game

Multiplayer is hardly worth it...   unless you get a group of  friends  you know and  trust  and can join in at the  same  time ....  thats difficult  when in certain time  zones.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kimbuck said:

sadly, this happens  so  often  that multiplayer games are dangerous...and i  immediately  kick from my region any  name i  do not recognize before they can move!   kick first! ..its  unfriendly,  but then  99% of  unknowns are coming to plunder and  destroy

Theres also a group of them  well known to  discord  users ...  their only  aim is to   use pvp wherever possible  and    wreck others  experience in the   game

Multiplayer is hardly worth it...   unless you get a group of  friends  you know and  trust  and can join in at the  same  time ....  thats difficult  when in certain time  zones.

 

I guess I'll have to get recruiting then, good people are hard to come by. Though, apart from those 2 players I've encountered 2 others that was friendly and had a friendly chat, one even offered to help me out after this post!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

join  discord groups ...you will soon find the names of  who to trust and  who not  to  ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the other hand, I helped a stranger on a sinking yland. He was building a ship, so I had nothing to do and chopped trees, etc to feed the blueprint. The ship was finished, we both climbed aboard and sailed to his home yland. We did a victory lap around it as he showed it off to me and I admired it. I could tell he was very cautious and I did my best not to seem suspicious.  Then he logged, I guess, because I got the boot. Which is cool. I think we both enjoyed the experience, I did, at least. That needs to be encouraged.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will also help new people ....as  quite a few here will testify,  but  remain cautious. If you are in the  game and  come across honey chicken.... well   thats me  and i will help , and  am friendly but  warning  i do not  tolerate  fools,  once  bitten  twice  shy     As i said n a previous posts ...look for  discord   groups ...ask around in them  and   soon  you will find out  who to trust and  who you  avoid

:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do understand completely now about being cautious. Now i basically only play singleplayer and still locking everything on my ship.

Edited by Sargecasm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea i've learned from my mistakes. Hopefully it will not happen again.

Edit: Honestly I can't remember their names. It's all good really. I hope they like the ship i made x)

Edited by Sargecasm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

conan?    :)

no. 1 known suspect   guilty until proven innocent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2022 at 7:27 PM, Sargecasm said:

As the title says, I got robbed. I am frustrated and angry. However, It's my own fault for having the wrong settings in Multiplayer settings. The confusing part is the "Local" part where I thought it meant local network. So, you can imagine my surprise when building on the new ship that two people come into my region, claiming my old ship, which had all the valuables I had farmed for almost 100 hours. The second player went into my new ship while I was decorating and stole my whole diving gear. So now I am standing here, With basically nothing again infront of my new ship and wondering if I should even bother to keep playing.  After that I updated my settings with a password, but one of them managed to rejoin before that and tried to steal from me again. Luckily I managed to kick him before he did any harm.

But yes. After all this time for nothing because of a small mistake I made there's just no point. The annoying part is, that i did not get any indication that a player joined me. If it is my Region, I should be informed of things like that. If I knew players where there I wouldn't really have my ship waiting for them there and for them to take everything I owned.. I hope you'll change some of the settings because there is nothing more infuriating.

Edit: You should be able to own more than one ship..

allfornothing.jpg

sadly, this happens  so  often  that multiplayer games are dangerous

posologie prednisolone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, prednisolone1 said:

sadly, this happens  so  often  that multiplayer games are dangerous

posologie prednisolone

Hi there, 

thank you for your feedback we will try to come up with a way to make it clearer :) and very sorry it happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boats can be locked using the suction locks on the helm. Personally, I have all my boats locked this way when I'm not using them.

Rather, I have a few ideas and questions.

I haven't figured out how to make one key fit multiple doors. While it is possible to make copies of keys so that multiple people can open one door, it would be good to have one key for multiple doors as well. Then when you have a large castle, you don't have to carry ten keys for ten different doors, but one that opens all of them.

Another thing is to be able to have a door with a password lock. It's much more convenient than constantly lugging around a key. The password would be entered when you set it up, and then the door would automatically lock every time you close it. If you don't want it locked, leave it open.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yah i quit there is no way to stop people from digging under your house and steeling your stuff or flying over and doing or cutting down your crops or trees or any thing there is no stopping them because your home is not your home. there is no barriers in ylands . i am a play that i massove /epic builds like the castle from world of war craft icc and huge underground citys .. but to have other players come into the server and do damage because i can not stop them yah i quit !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2023 at 2:10 AM, blipzero said:

yah i quit there is no way to stop people from digging under your house and steeling your stuff or flying over and doing or cutting down your crops or trees or any thing there is no stopping them because your home is not your home. there is no barriers in ylands . i am a play that i massove /epic builds like the castle from world of war craft icc and huge underground citys .. but to have other players come into the server and do damage because i can not stop them yah i quit !

 

You can always play single player or set up a password for your server :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't figured out how to make one key fit multiple doors. While it is possible to make copies of keys so that multiple people can open one door, it would be good to have one key for multiple doors as well. Then when you have a large castle, you don't have to carry ten keys for ten different doors, but one that opens all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×