steam-76561198152586947

Where do I find DIAMONDS? Please help!

Hi guys, I'm a fairly new Ylands player. I'm trying to make a vice and I need a diamond. In the crafting menu it says to find them in "Deep Sea Biotpes" I've travelled to every region of the map and can't locate an under water biotope with this name. So I googled it and one discussion said you can find them randomly by digging dirt. Today I mined over 4,000 dirt and came up without a single diamond. I tried on a level one and a level 3 island, at different depths, straight down,  strip mining and not a single diamond. This is driving me insane.  I've spend two days looking and I've come up without a single diamond. Where on earth do I find diamonds???  Can someone please help me. Thanks.

984506619_ylandsdirt.thumb.jpg.85b033ae30d7a92f2bd47b1c577c7f43.jpg

By the way, I don't have a locksmith table. This is why I need the vice. My friend has one and let me use it but I need one when he's offline. My friend says he doesn't remember how he got the diamond. Please help me! I'm completely stumped here.

You need to sail to different Yland types like Far East and Taiga/Tundra to find Geothermal Areas or Crystal Formations in Tropical area, these have heaps of diamond deposits underwater, you will also need a hand drill to mine underwater
https://ylands.fandom.com/wiki/Geothermal_Area?so=search

Edited by handofthesly