Sign in to follow this  
Hunter-Over-Fire

PVP Suggestions

Question

Player-Versus-Player yields players with opportunities for loot and fun. This is immediately shot down with that fact that many devious players like to ignore the rules of engagement.

(1 : Keeping inventory)

It's no fun when the enemy has the ability to kill you and take 100% of your loot, so here are some suggestions on how we can combat that. How about a sort of item that the player can have in their inventory that would allow them to retain everything, even after death. To also combat cheesing this and leaving our victors with no reward, this item could also be limited with a sort of cooldown, so that you'd have to die a certain number of times within a certain number of minutes before you would drop your stuff on death. OR, have this be a thing that doesn't require an item. Also, whether or not this makes it into the game, I still suggest you make it so that the player only drops a select variety of item, such as coins and general resources and excluding weapons and clothes.

(2 : Notifications)

Living in a world full of human beings, and happening to be one myself, I can personally vouch that we can be completely oblivious, especially in dire times. I suggest implementing a system that would notify the player whenever their property is under the attack of another player.

(3 : Offense)

With PVP being a Under-Developed mechanic, here are some way to improve that. For starters I suggest nerfing the player's attack speed. Reducing the attack speed of the player would yield longer fights, forcing the players to get creative with their combat strategies.

(4 Defense)

Defense is not much more than a few stats and Dodge-Rolling as it stands. I suggest making a way to block with a sword and other melee weapons. I also suggest having it so that mettalic armors are more Piercing-Resistant in order to discourage players from using too many ranged weapons during combat.

I do ask that the developers do take this into consideration. If so, I'd also like to see them get creative with my ideas, and tweak them.

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
Additional Additions

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hello there,

I have noted everything down and we will go over it.

Thank you for so many cool ideas 😍

I haven't felt so honored since Adam Snellgrove was in the seat

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
Snellgrove*
  • Like 1