Sign in to follow this  
anna_svecova

Dev Diary #247 Did you know that...

Hey there, fellow Ylanders!

Over the years Ylands has become a really large and sophisticated game. There are thousands of entities and recipes, dozens of features and game systems both big and small.

In fact, there are so many things in the game that quite often even people from the team stumble over something they didn't know because they weren't directly involved in the development of that feature.

"Hey, that's really cool! That's new, right? When did we add that?"
"Well... Like three years ago?"

It's more than likely that there are things that you, players, don't know as well. To remedy that we've started posting cool and interesting bits about the game on our social channels (we'll talk more about those the next week).

Soooo, we're wondering if there's anything that you found out after playing the game for some time. Anything counts - interesting mechanics, weird and funny quirks, random facts, or simply things that surprised you or made you smile.

1.jpg

Until next time...

Stay classy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I haven't been on an exploring journey in a while and in one of JB's video's (aka Building Factory) I saw the zombie tower RE for the first time.
And I've only recently gotten deeper into scripting so most of that is new to me.

• Like 1

I am stating to like the exploration aspect of it quite a lot and I'm still finding little surprises all the time😁

On 10/29/2022 at 6:58 PM, SandyT said:

Do you want us to post them to this thread?

We will post them on our social media :)

Some things I've noticed. When you make the zirconium saw, it only takes 2 cuts to fell a tree instead of 8. But when you make a zirconium axe, it still takes 8 cuts to destroy the stump. You can make a 4 x1 wooden beam with 1 log, but when you make a 1x1, it takes 1 log to make one. It should be 4 of the 1x1 instead of only 1.