Aleš Ulm

Dedicated Server FAQ

5 hours ago, Whane The Whip said:

"So so sorry, we're keeping your money, we'll give you 7 days for free, but we won't fix anything so you get 7 more days of a broken server."

Haha! That's like asking for a refund at a restaurant because the food is terrible and they offer you a coupon for some free food.

• Downvote 1

Could I get 5 DS beta access codes? My friends and I play regularly, but not together for the hassle of multiplayer in its current state, I would host it on a home server and run 24/7

39 minutes ago, Gavin Heil said:

Could I get 5 DS beta access codes? My friends and I play regularly, but not together for the hassle of multiplayer in its current state, I would host it on a home server and run 24/7

There are no access codes. Anyone who wishes for access to the beta should private message https://ylands.com/community/profile/25-ane/ in order to be granted access. Once she receives your message, she will grant you access to the Dedicated Server sub-forum where you can find the server software, as well as instructions on using it.

번역기를 사용중입니다.

저는 한국인입니다. (물론 남한)

그리고 전 전용 서버를 구축하고 싶습니다. 방법을 알려주세요.

저는 이 게임에 관심이 많습니다.

Translator is in use.

I am Korean.(Of course, South Korea :))

And, I want to build a dedicated server. Please let me know how.

I am interested in this game.

Edited by STDICH

On 1/16/2018 at 1:12 PM, Whane The Whip said:

As a side note, If you're thinking of paying for hosting, I would stay from Nitrado, I have had nothing but problems from them since day 1. Simply put, the hosting that I paid for has never worked, their customer service line is a busy signal 90% of the time and the 10% of the time there is an answer, its a recording to call back during business hours, even though all my calls have been within business hours (6 hours before their close). Out of the 5 tickets that I've submitted, Nitrado hasn't responded to a single one and one of them was closed without a reply. I've used hosting services in the past for other games and have never experienced anything as bad as Nitrado. Literally, no one at Nitrado has ever done anything to reply or address my issues, it has been a waste of time and money.

Hey @Whane The Whip ,

We are sorry that you had difficulties with our service, we are constantly working on improving our services and Ylands is no exception! 

We have been trying to reach out to you and have offered several options to make this right as we understand that your time and money are important. 

Our support lines are open from 2:00 pm to 6:30 pm PST, if you had called 6 hours before close, it would have been before our phone lines open, unfortunately. Additionally, we have an international line that's open for 11 hours daily.

As for your tickets, it looks like you may have accidentally forgotten to add your Login Token to your server. We fixed it for you, and are working to make this easier in the future.

Unfortunately, we did have an unusually high ticket volume which led to a longer response time, this is why we offered you free time to compensate for your downtime.

Hopefully, this helps anyone who may have difficulties in the future:
https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/How_to_Set_up_a_Ylands_Nitrado_Server

Please reply to your ticket, let us know how we can make this right for you, as we aim to make all of our customers happy. ^_^

Edited by NitradoUSA
  • Like 1

@NitradoUSA 

"...if you had called 6 hours before close, it would have been before our phone lines open, unfortunately."
You are partially correct, I called too early (once). But I called many times. That specific instance was on Monday, because the previous day I called 3x between the hours of 5:30-6:30 and it was a busy signal each time. I also called later on Monday when I realized that your starting hours was 2pm, I had misread it as 2am - you only have 4.5 hours of U.S. phone support. It was still busy. I also called twice on Tuesday at around 5pm, still busy. What is "unfortunate" here is that you fail to consider all of the other instances that I called.

"As for your tickets, it looks like you may have accidentally forgotten to add your Login Token to your server."
I did not forget to enter my token, it was also set in my .ini file uploaded via FTP. Upon account creation and filling out your form, your host then went into perpetual installation mode in which I got to see "A server installation is running" for hours and yet when I FTP'd to the files, nothing was there. An installation of the server files is nothing more than an unpacking or copying of files, unpacking does not require a need for a token.

"We fixed it for you, and are working to make this easier in the future."
You fixed nothing for me, when at some point in time the server finally got installed, I then FTP'd my DS save file, my .json file, and my .ini making sure the port matched yours. Upon launching, your service sent my server into perpetual restart mode, the server was restarting about every 10 seconds. I could not even shut it down because after shutting it down, it would keep restarting. The only way I could stop it was to FTP in and delete all of the files. Later, I went back to reinstall (which also gave an error) a default server for communication purposes as a followup to your lack of support.

"...we are constantly working on improving our services"
To improve, you must be willing to accept criticism. All you have done here is deny it, and spin it. You didn't offer support or solutions until I started posting on social media and I stopped that when I finally received my refund.

[EDIT] The issues I breached are not unique, other users have posted about them on your own forums along with posts like "why are there no replies and why does it take so long to get support?"

Edited by Whane The Whip

On 1/17/2018 at 6:44 PM, Seathre said:

There are no access codes. Anyone who wishes for access to the beta should private message https://ylands.com/community/profile/25-ane/ in order to be granted access. Once she receives your message, she will grant you access to the Dedicated Server sub-forum where you can find the server software, as well as instructions on using it.

Thank you just messaged Ane!

Hi Guys, we are a Gigantious gaming Community, and we are interested in hosting a dedicated server for our Players.

And we want to ask for the instructions for "how to get it" :)

Thanks, and best Regards,

iHaldur
Clusteradmin TECS-West

We also have a gaming community mainly based off of Arma 3, another Bohemia game, we'd like to host our own server for those whom may be interested in testing how well this game will fit in our community.

Hope to hear something soon!

Thanks in advance,

D.Devil

Hello,

I would also like to request access to the beta app for the Dedicated Server.

Good evening,

How to install a server (should I use SteamCMD)?

Or find the Start file of the server (I guess it and similar to all unity games: rust 7dtd ....)?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

11 hours ago, steam-76561198017651694 said:

So I rented a server from citadel, and after 10 minutes it froze/crash and had to be restarted.  We lost all progress. Is this a known issue ?

The problem with an early development game and untested/unknown host is that it can be difficult to determine if the issue is the DS or the host. For this reason I recommend always having a local DS for testing purposes too. I.E. if your local host using the same game save file as your rented also crashes, then you may have found a DS bug. If the problem is with your host, then you will have to hammer that out with them.

Edited by Whane The Whip

23 hours ago, steam-76561198017651694 said:

So I rented a server from citadel, and after 10 minutes it froze/crash and had to be restarted.  We lost all progress. Is this a known issue ?

freeze/crash is never a good sign.. anyway. the reason most likely why progress was lost was due to the the Config file set to Regenerate new ylands each reboot.

The Ds config file needs to edited once a save file is present, so that progress can be continued even after shutdown/crash/freeze, you can find how in the DS forum.

On 2/16/2018 at 12:08 AM, steam-76561198017651694 said:

Did you have "SessionDataType" : "BuiltIn" and "SessionData" : "Explore" set in your json file?  I thought 0.7 fixed it so it doesn't recreate a new world if an existing save file is found, but maybe that's not the case here and your json settings forced it to regenerate anyway.

For future reference, once you have a generated map, change SessionDataType from BuiltIn to "YlandFile" and SessionData to "<filename of save game>".

Example:

"SessionDataType": "YlandFile",
    "SessionData": "SessionSave.ylandsgame",

Edited by Baz Foobar

On 1/1/2018 at 3:19 PM, TE5LA said:

Perhaps you (Bohemia) should start a dedicated server alpha testing group. You appear to have a lot of interested parties here. You could sign up testers and supply a private link with server builds before releasing a buggy build to the general public. I know this sounds a bit crazy, but... :)

Hosting my own server now and no crashes/issues.  Seems like a lot of the dedicated server hosts (g-portal and citadel) aren't very good at Ylands yet.

9 minutes ago, steam-76561198017651694 said:

Hosting my own server now and no crashes/issues.  Seems like a lot of the dedicated server hosts (g-portal and citadel) aren't very good at Ylands yet.

I host my own servers but I have used g-portal in the past and haven't had any issues with them.  Can't speak for any other providers, but honestly at this point given the state of the game's development especially as it relates to MP, I can't recommend anyone spend money on commercial hosting for this yet.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, xXEmotionalXx said:

Are you still giving out DS trial keys?

Yes, I sent you a PM :)