Aleš Ulm

Dedicated Server FAQ

Hello,

I can't have token on Bohemia site. It does not do anything. Any ideas ?

I select game, put a name and click on "create token" and..... nothing happens...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Patwar said:

Hello,

I can't have token on Bohemia site. It does not do anything. Any ideas ?

I select game, put a name and click on "create token" and..... nothing happens...

Have also been having this issue today, although it was working fine a couple of days ago.

Hello, I have a few questions

1. How do i get a log in token? can you provide me with the link i because i cant seem to find it.
2. How can i host multiple servers if i am only limited to 3, or is it only 3 servers per login token?
3. Would it be possible to get the windows easy installer script for the dedicated server please
4. For the nethostport is it specifically 2500 or can any port be used as long as it is forwarded and made public?

Thank you

Hello again,

I got my answers for my earlier questions even though nobody answered me.
I have another question, hopefully this time someone would answer it for me.
I have opened the port 25000 for the dedicated server and i can see it in game, now here is the funny thing I closed the port and i still can see the server in game and join it! that just makes me think that it is not using the port i set in ylands.ini. (NetHostPort)
i would like an answer please for how this game gets online because clearly if i closed the port it should not be online. alternatively if there is a thread that i missed with the answer im looking for please post a link for me

Thank you

Edited by Blitz Dragon Games

These questions should be done in the Dedicated Server Beta Feedback subforum. Do you have access to it?

No problem, I just sent you a PM with the link.

46 minutes ago, Bryan Smith-854b76b158e375c0 said:

Hello

how can I create a dedicated server for my community?

Ask for access to the DS files/password in this topic: 

There's also a how-to video in there on how to run it :) 

Adrie

On 4.6.2018 at 12:00 PM, Blitz Dragon Games said:

Hello, I have a few questions

1. How do i get a log in token? can you provide me with the link i because i cant seem to find it.
2. How can i host multiple servers if i am only limited to 3, or is it only 3 servers per login token?
3. Would it be possible to get the windows easy installer script for the dedicated server please
4. For the nethostport is it specifically 2500 or can any port be used as long as it is forwarded and made public?

Thank you

Hey u can also use my script to install very easy a yland dedicated server on windows

8 hours ago, cdb8457 said:

I would like to host a Dedicated Server. How would I go about obtaining the files.

I'll send you an invite ?

Private Dedicated servers are no longer supported (as it was 'only' an experimental feature). You can get dedicated servers from the marketplace and in the future we are making arrangments with Nitrado, so people will be able to get a server with anything they need directly from them.

Why was that done, please? Private servers are an extremely important feature to avoid having to resort to third party providers. 

Especially for host owners this was important to avoid spending even more unnecessary money...

20 hours ago, Pascal Witte said:

Why was that done, please? Private servers are an extremely important feature to avoid having to resort to third party providers. 

Especially for host owners this was important to avoid spending even more unnecessary money...

You technically can host private servers. Aslong as you host it (or someone with access to the game) and have world saving mode it will act just like a normal server. Keep in mind you should restart the server every hour or so to make sure it saves everything.

On display it now appears that ylands only supports dedicated servers but that's only paper. The main reason for this is to avoid players (especially new ones) to getting bad server experience from 3rd party providers.

Keep in mind the amount of money you are "saving" is also a loss income to Ylands (why do you think Minecraft have their own official server)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1