Sign in to follow this  
Mello1223

Editor tutorials

I will gradually add my video tutorials to some of my creations in this thread.

As a  first to introduce you to the
Random maze generator

This is the first attempt to create video tutorials in which I use a voice reader. in the first part, I will show you step by step how you can create a grid generator for a maze, created with the help of spawn entity from template tiles . this generator uses the backtracking method, and as inspiration I used instructions from the wiki and videos about programming in Unity. one of my ylands editor teachers, Jchobs, gave me the idea to create this generator, and I am grateful to him for that, because it was really fun.

• Like 1

in this video we will create other instructions that will create a random maze for us. an instruction to check neighboring cells of raycast aids, the raycast instruction itself, an instruction to remove walls in the maze between individual cells, a backtracker instruction, and an instruction to select a random neighboring cell and move the current cell to this random cell

468947838_Snmkaobrazovky2022-11-08013916.thumb.jpg.1a353e354768f895428cdb81c924f70e.jpg2056165859_Snmkaobrazovky2022-11-08013957.thumb.jpg.f57bd8d524f247900f25572ff246495f.jpg

RANDOM MAZE GENERATOR.zip

• Like 1

if you would like to slightly improve your editor maps, in this video you will find instructions on how to add custom commands to your map, and here you will also find instructions on how to share the map in the workshop.

@Mello1223 the things that you can do with the editor just blows my mind.  I always enjoy watch you and the other players on Discord create.  You Sir are on another level to be sure.

• Thanks 1