Sign in to follow this  
Amber Icon

Will there ever be any ability to get custom assets added to the game?

I jumped on board back in 2016/17 and I was so excited about this game as an opportunity for creation and simulation.

But something that has consistently bugged me is that there are so many things (often simple things) that are not present. For example, arches, door frames, floor planks, large blank wall pieces, seamless angles for beams, resizable basic shapes (sphere, pyramid, square, etc...).

If I could just hop into blender, whip up an arch, or a wall piece, and pop it in game I would, but as it stands, I, and apparently much of the community, are using hundreds of pier supports to create wall slats in order to create a more convincing design.

However those have visual artifacts, they are not 'perfectly' sized, they are so time consuming to implement, and they are absolutely a burden on any system trying to load a build. Seriously why isn't there a better option with 6 sides instead of 6*48 or 100 or 1200?

Even have a community vote thing, have people submit on the forum somewhere what basics they might want (description image, sketch, 3d model, etc...), create and add them for a limited time event and if at the end of it people like them in game, then keep them.

• Like 1

Hi there, 

We are adding Custom Tools in the next Update. You can read about it in our Dev Diary. Hope it will help.

Thank you for your feedback :)

On 12/2/2022 at 3:11 AM, anna_svecova said:

Hi there, 

We are adding Custom Tools in the next Update. You can read about it in our Dev Diary. Hope it will help.

Thank you for your feedback :)

Is that dev diary currently available, or is yet to be posted?