Sign in to follow this  
anna_svecova

Dev Diary #252 Adventuring in '23

Ahoy Ylanders!

We're now very close to releasing update 1.11 and are getting closer to 2023 with every passing day. And because of that, I would like to use the Dev Diary to tell you what some of our plans are for Adventure in the next year.

In 2023, if everything goes as planned, we would like to release three large updates - 1.12, 1.13, and 1.14

We've been working on Dungeons for some time already and based on their current "fun factor" (or the lack thereof) decided not to release them with 1.11 but to keep working on them until we're happy with the result. They may be released in 1.12, but because there is another feature that we definitely want to release with that update, Dungeons may appear as late as 1.13. 

That "must-have in 1.12 feature" I mentioned is something we've been thinking about for about two years (and even mentioned it once or twice during that time :) ) and now it finally feels like a good time to add it to the game. We'll provide you with more detailed information in one of the January Dev Diaries, but - in a nutshell - we want finally to give players a stronger incentive to explore both the game world and various features. Make every game you play a bit less generic and a bit more of a story. And, finally, give players more goals to achieve.

As much as it would be cool to start naming cool future features the very important thing to say is that we still feel the game is not in the state we want it to be. After roughly two years of making wrongs right and getting back to the roots we believe we are now back on the right track... but there are still far too many things that need to work better, and, more importantly, be more fun. 

Sailing and ships are a major part of the game and yet there is still a ton of work before we utilize their full potential. With the Energy, we barely touched the surface. Crafting, even with the UI improvements coming in 1.11 is still something that needs a lot of love. And we could go on.

Long story short - even though the next year will see new features coming to Ylands, our priority will be to take the things that you already like and make them better. All this is based on your direct feedback, just like the last two years.

That's it for today, so stay classy, Ylanders!
Aleš

DD252.png

• Like 7

Good day Ales. I wonder. The blur effect in the picture, is that how the game is going to look like or is it photoshopped? I kinda like it!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 11:24 AM, Yo HasLEGO said:

Good day Ales. I wonder. The blur effect in the picture, is that how the game is going to look like or is it photoshopped? I kinda like it!

Hi there, I'm taking care of the images. :) And it's just photoshop.

• Upvote 1

I'm playing the Windows version so I'm not sure if this is the same on the Steam version, but the demolition hammer doesn't work now. Also the key for the tower (that I got from the submarine) still doesn't work on the sphere. Thanks,

Sandy

5 hours ago, SandyT said:

I'm playing the Windows version so I'm not sure if this is the same on the Steam version, but the demolition hammer doesn't work now. Also the key for the tower (that I got from the submarine) still doesn't work on the sphere. Thanks,

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Add me in game - AnnaYlands and I will give you the MARK I armor :) 

Will look into the hammer issue, thanks for letting us know.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SandyT said:

Sandy

You need to find the encounter on a new map, but it is fixed.

Also, what are you using the hammer on? It doesn't work on random encounters.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, anna_svecova said:

You need to find the encounter on a new map, but it is fixed.

Also, what are you using the hammer on? It doesn't work on random encounters.

I'm using the hammer on remodeling my ship. It also won't go in the tool box.

Edited by SandyT
New information - Anna, I'm embarrassed to admit that I wasn't in building mode on the ship. The demolition hammer does work, it just doesn't go in the tool box any longer.

9 hours ago, SandyT said:

I'm using the hammer on remodeling my ship. It also won't go in the tool box.

Hi there, 

It happens to me too no worries 😁.

We know about the toolbox bug, thank you :)