Oliver Hope

Basic script tiles should be replaced when a new tile is plugged in

Question

Edit: I put this in the wrong place, please move to editor suggestions. Sorry😬
When replacing an empty text (or number, vector etc) tile in VS the empty tile gets popped out instead of being deleted. I believe it used to be deleted and this was definitely superior. its very annoying to have to delete all these tile to keep a clean script.

Furthermore, its annoying to delete this tile because if you select them it opens up the edit option, I think this 'one click to edit' should stay but using the delete key should still delete the tile while in this mode.

Edited by Oliver Hope
  • Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

popped out tiles should be easy to delete. They should be selected after popping up. (so you need to just press Delete)

OR

you can hold ALT when dropping script tile to already occupied slot. It should replace the one underneath.

-----------------------------

I think this 'one click to edit' should stay but using the delete key should still delete the tile while in this mode.

I think you (and I am sure I would) would hate it. You would delete your tiles while editing them by mistake. -> However, behavior change 1.10 - 1.11 is there by mistake. We will think how to improve it.

6 hours ago, Houp said:

you can hold ALT when dropping script tile to already occupied slot. It should replace the one underneath.

Aha! Thats good to know, thanks. I was aware that they are auto-selected but the Alt-dropping is what I was missing.