Oliver Hope

Create group with code

I am thinking of this mainly with custom tools in mind but I am sure it would be useful in general. A function that takes an array of objects and creates a group and returns a reference to it. 
It would be nice if after spawning a bunch of entities for users we could package it all up for them. (Currently ill be using the select entities function in custom tools so that users can more easily make a group)

Hi,

we plan to improve Custom tools in the next update. You have great suggestions! (not only this one but also the other ones) Thank you. (we read all of them)

1 hour ago, Houp said:

Hi,

we plan to improve Custom tools in the next update. You have great suggestions! (not only this one but also the other ones) Thank you. (we read all of them)

Awesome thanks 😄 
Also wanted to say that I know Ive made a lot of bug reports and suggestions but they are a great addition and Im enjoying them. Im not all criticism, bug reports are just my love language, haha.

Mayve we could make use of the group game logic, somehow?

On 1/16/2023 at 10:31 AM, jchob said:

Mayve we could make use of the group game logic, somehow?

Are you referring to the group template? that's more for spawning groups, maybe it could be possible though. It would be cool if we could have access to these logics though, like for spawning welds