anna_svecova

Dev Diary #254 Happy Holidays and the New Year!

Ahoy Ylanders!

So it's that time of the year again. The unmistakable, unavoidable sound of Mariah Carey's "All I want from Christmas" announces that time when overworked devs finally get some rest leaving you, the players, with the latest update to play with.

We believe that 2022 was a good year for Ylands players. For a few days, every team here in Bohemia Interactive was supposed to say three words that summarize their project in these. For us, it was really a no-brainer.

Back to roots.

In the last year, we added a lot of things you asked for. Returned things we temporarily removed. We fixed several ancient annoying bugs. And after all that, Adventure (aka Exploration) is now close to what it used to be and, in some ways, even better. 

Since in 1.11 we introduced way more content even for those who don't own the DLC and fixed issues we found to be annoying, especially for the new players (with more of those fixes coming in 1.12) we are looking forward to something we could call restarting Ylands. A game that is engaging and accessible to new players, with improved systems and game mechanics that experienced players will be able to enjoy for dozens of hours or more. 

But even though we are looking forward to introducing these things in 2023, life is not about Ylands (or any other game for that matter :) ) and this is the time to remind ourselves of that. 

Whether in Ylands, another game, or away from computer or mobile, our whole team would like to sincerely thank you for your support and wish you all the best in the New Year 2023. May you and your loved ones be happy, healthy, and safe so we can meet in a couple of weeks. Time flies fast and so we'll be back before you know it. Or, as a great man once said: "Smoke Me A Kipper, I'll Be Back For Breakfast".

foto.png

You stay classy, Ylanders! 

• Like 6

Happy holidays team, you deserve a good break! Look forward to seeing you all next year.

I'm going to take that skull on the desk as a sneaky hint that bones are coming back to Ylands eventually too (I wish!) hahaha

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.

Edited by JoshuaFleming
Correct the sentence