Sign in to follow this  
Rupert Wang

Questions about switching world region in MP on the rented server

Hi,

I have played this game with my friend during beta released.

We came back because we read its getting better now from the comments.

We did love this game before and want to give it another try. 

However, the multiplayer mode was simple back then, you spawn on an easy land and jus travel to find other resources in one map just like Minecraft.

Now the whole map of islands have been separated into different regions, and you need to re-open a new single player save of an island in different regions.

Its not making any sense because the rented server you can only have one save file.

We tried to enter someone else land and got kicked out and needed to delete their game in order to enter any lands again. 

It is very confusing now...

What is the proper way to travel together now? 

I have to delete my save on the server and reopen one every time when I need to go to different region with my friend?

Is there any specific update blog or instructions that I can read?

(Also I sometimes cant select universal mode when I tried to open the multiplayer mode on PC, I have to open via my phone in order to do so for friends who are using phones to play)

Thank you.

21 hours ago, Rupert Wang said:

Hi,

I have played this game with my friend during beta released.

We came back because we read its getting better now from the comments.

We did love this game before and want to give it another try. 

However, the multiplayer mode was simple back then, you spawn on an easy land and jus travel to find other resources in one map just like Minecraft.

Now the whole map of islands have been separated into different regions, and you need to re-open a new single player save of an island in different regions.

Its not making any sense because the rented server you can only have one save file.

We tried to enter someone else land and got kicked out and needed to delete their game in order to enter any lands again. 

It is very confusing now...

What is the proper way to travel together now? 

I have to delete my save on the server and reopen one every time when I need to go to different region with my friend?

Is there any specific update blog or instructions that I can read?

(Also I sometimes cant select universal mode when I tried to open the multiplayer mode on PC, I have to open via my phone in order to do so for friends who are using phones to play)

Thank you.

Hi :)

Yes, you can open the map you are on for your friends. Once you are together you can be on the same ship and travel to other maps together.

It sounds like you and your friend are experiencing some confusion with the new regional system in the game. While the game has undergone some significant changes since its beta release, there are still ways for you and your friend to play together.

First, it's important to understand that each region is its own separate save file. This means that if you want to explore a new region, you'll need to create a new save file specifically for that region. However, you don't necessarily need to delete your previous save file. You can simply switch between save files depending on which region you want to play in.