Sign in to follow this  
XXon

Animator path questions

Let's say I want to make a roller coaster. Can i join two paths together or modify animation paths? What I see is a preset path, just an arch that scales up and down. Is there more to this?

I made a flying "floating platform" that despawns/respawns under your feet as a way of joining two paths and that works alright, but I would much prefer you are seated, like a roller coaster.

Hi. when you click on the path in the properties window at the bottom there is a button to edit the path. Here you can add nodes move the tangent controllers, change the tangent type, close the path (make a loop) and reverse the direction. Definitely great for rollercoaster creation :)

• Like 1

in addition to what oliver mentioned, you can set the creation of an event in the logic of the animators, and this will give you the option of using the event at the end of the animator cycle. then you can only change the logic of the animator that is assigned to the next path on the object that will move along those paths. but of course there are more possibilities... this is probably the easiest way. others require a lot more scripting

• Like 1