Sign in to follow this  
anna_svecova

Dev Diary #263 Swift sprint

Ahoy Ylanders,

You asked we listened. Are you also tired of not being able to run and having to roll over like a boulder every time you want to be faster? We are. We listened to your feedback and decided to implement sprinting.

In the next Update, the option to sprint will now be available. Sprint is triggered by the same button as roll. To roll, you will simply need to click SHIFT and to run, you will have to hold SHIFT down. That will trigger a new animation and faster movement. We also added a stamina bar that will be depleted by sprinting. The bar will appear under your character just like the oxygen bar does when you are swimming. 

The dodge action also went through changes. You will no longer get stunned by using it too often however it won't be possible to spam as much. 

Now you may ask - how fast will I run? The sprinting is 80% of the speed of wild boar. Yes, we measure speed in wild boars. Do you have a problem with that? 😁

Thanks to our designer Pypse for giving us the details about this feature.
Are you excited to run? Let us know what you think.

Stay Classy!

DD263.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

The sprinting is 80% of the speed of wild boar. Yes, we measure speed in wild boars. Do you have a problem with that?

do you test on animals? oh no :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been trying to sprint for years and finally it's going to happen.🎉

21 hours ago, Jdtriton said:

I've been trying to sprint for years and finally it's going to happen.🎉

Me too haha