Sazzle

Settlers

Question

Will we ever get NPC settlers? I was thinking just like in FO4 where you build some kind of signal transmitter and over time NPCs show up..Maybe they could do basic tasks like felling trees or guarding the area to ward off mutants or farming in a designated area defined by the player...Some times it kinda sucks when you build these little towns but you have no one to live in them lol I tried to figure out how to do it in the editor and make my own game mode with said features but I have no idea what I'm doing in the editor lol Be cool if the devs could implement some official settlers, even if they simply just walked around just to make builds feel more lived in..OR I just now thought persuading the NPCs you find out in the wilds to somehow follow you back home..that always got me aswell, why are all NPCs hostile???

• Like 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Sounds like a cool idea. At the moment we only have Traders which you can place down using the Pigeon Post and Vendor Banners but they just stay in one spot only and don't walk around. 

3 hours ago, handofthesly said:

Sounds like a cool idea. At the moment we only have Traders which you can place down using the Pigeon Post and Vendor Banners but they just stay in one spot only and don't walk around. 

I'm just kinda bored of survival games that make you always feel so alone, yea you can do co-op with friends ect but non of mine like survival games and random people can be a risk lol there is only a few games that I've played that do what I kind of want, them being ofc FO4 which isn't really a survival game..Conan Exiles which Settlers only stand around or follow you as companions..the best game I have which does this brilliantly is Dragon Quest Builders 2, Settlers in that game do everything such as, eat at tables, sleep in beds, farm, guard, follow you and much more and they even build structures that you design if they have the required materials. I think if Ylands had something like this it would be absolutely amazing. Oh and DQB2 uses blueprints too with the settlers auto building, something that ylands also has so would it be that hard to implement?

Edited by Sazzle