Junjie

DEV ANSWER Inventory/hot bar freeze

Question

I was playing with a friend who was hosting the Indiana Jones map. Occasionally my hot bar would freeze - I would be unable to use the item in my hand, unable to pick up new items, and unable to change any of the items in the bar. My character still walks around and takes damage as usual, but I am unable to do anything. I have not found a pattern to when this is triggered but it happened multiple times. My friend who was hosting did not have these problems. Exiting to the main menu and jumping back into the map resolved the issues, but it would happen again later on. 

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Ouch! That sounds like one nasty bug, Junjie, sorry about that!

Would you be so kind of sending us your output_log file? It should be in "C:\Program Files\Ylands\Game\Ylands_Data".

I hope you're enjoying the game nonetheless! 

Love the game! I have no problem with bugs, after all, it's a work in progress. 

Next time I run into this freeze, I will send the output_log. Where should I send it? Should I just post it to this thread?

Glad to hear that! 

Yes, just post it here or send me a private message, whatever you prefer :) 

Hello, the same thing just happened to me, video and ouput_log attached.

Cant use hot bar, cant move items, cant pick up ground items, cant change items, says I am in control of a boat.
This started when I killed a boar with a saber

output_log.txt

I just ran into this same issue playing multiplayer. Im bugged but friend is not (im hosting). It happen as i was shooting a gun, and i dropped it while on a boat to show my friend. He couldnt see the gun so i tried to pick it up but was not able to... or to interact with anything. If i try to put food into my hand from the inventory it says i cant due to piloting a ship. 

I tried to logout, restart, have friend operate the ship, but nothing worked.

Edited by Willobe

The only way I know of to fix this bug at the moment, is to locate your character in the editor and delete him / respawn a new character in game. A bit of a pain I appreciate. 

Hah, so using /killme worked i was just afraid to use it as we were out aways from the original spawn. But once i died and i respawn (on the island we were at) all seems to be ok now.

EDIT - Spoke to soon... seems like everything is ok until i swing my sword or pick axe, or bare hand.. i get one swing in and im bugged again. I can kill myself and go back to normal except when i swing.

Edited by Willobe