acebelew

RESOLVED "Start in" folder of Ylands launcher shortcut

Question

Version: 0.18.26159

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install Ylands non default Install directory

2. When prompted create shortcuts in non default location; in my case Games\Ylands

{ The previous steps may or may not affect this issue.  As I am helping with another bug, I can not reinstall with the default settings, at this point to verify.}

3. Right Click on the Ylands Launcher shortcut > Click Properties

While changing the target to help resolve another bug/issue, I noticed that my "Start in:" folder is set to a non conventional directory.  In my installation the "Start in:" folder is set to C:\Users\acebe\AppD:ata\Local\Temp\nscF587.tmp\Ylands\Install

4. Click the Shortcut tab

Severity: Unknown

Repeatable: Unknown - Will reinstall with default values after helping with another issues.

output_log.txt

Ylands StartIn Shortcut.png

• Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I am not understanding the issue here.  I installed my game in another directory other than default and I have no issue.

Graceland, this is not an issue that will prevent the game from working, but in my case the start in folder does not exist after the install. I only posted it here as it may cause issues in the future. 

For example I had to make a change to the target field, and could not save that change until I changed the start in field as well.  

If I was an average user, this would have spawned a call/message to tech support to find out why I could not apply the change.

Now if your "start in" folder did not refer to the temp directory, and referred to a valid glands directory, then the issue may have been only me.

Thanks for the report, I managed to reproduce it and it should be fixed in the following update. :)