Sign in to follow this  
Barsian

Iron Ore

Hi all,

i have one question. It is possible to not spawn iron ore on starting island? And what to to in this case, build a raft and try to find another island?

Thanks

I still haven't found out how the spawning of materials works yet, also haven't had an island without any iron. It's usually on the top or halfway the big mountain (in case of explore scenario's). For other materials I build a boat like you suggested :) 

Adrie

Apparently it can happen that you don't have iron on the starting yland (just in case - as Adrie pointed out, it's usually on the top of mountains, and it looks grayish-blue). The amount of ylands is not infinite, there are usually around 8-12. You would have to be very unlucky not to find any iron in any of those! :) 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if it's luck or actually true, but on all my 3 maps the ore location has been related to the island biome. Are you playing on the explore or create scenario? As "create" scenario's would only have 1 biome I guess you would be unable to find all the materials. Could anyone confirm that ore are biome based or biome exclusive?

Adrie

3 hours ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

I'm not sure if it's luck or actually true, but on all my 3 maps the ore location has been related to the island biome. Are you playing on the explore or create scenario? As "create" scenario's would only have 1 biome I guess you would be unable to find all the materials. Could anyone confirm that ore are biome based or biome exclusive?

Adrie

I´m in explore mode.. my home island is arid biome and i found also one small island full from sand (with cemetery in middle) and one biome with oaks and a lot of rock, but without iron... mayby i will go there again and check it better.. but still in any case /add item is still working? don´t want to use it, but just for sure

Try the temperate biome, that's where I usually find mine, on the places already mentioned!

Adrie

edit: I just checked a "create" map, the resources  per island are random there, regardless of biome.

Edited by WijkagentAdrie

Hi, Can someone please post a screenshot of what iron deposits look like? I've nearly dug out the entire surface of the mountains on 4 islands so far and not found any. I've gotta be missing something, no way iron ore is THIS scarce.