Sign in to follow this  
CoolPrius

Does anybody want to start working on a Wiki for this game?

Im thinking about starting to work on a wiki maybe for this game because its very frustrating to play a game like this and have 0 idea what needs what and what item you need to even be able to see certain things in your crafting menu. It would also be awesome for new people to have a place to go to see what all is in the game.

• Upvote 2

I know there is a (great) Dayz wiki made by a loyal  DayZ player (@TatankoX on twitter and he is also a Ylands player), if you need a example how a good wiki for a game should look his page is a great example! http://dayz.gamepedia.com/DayZ_Standalone_Wiki

And accidentally came across a Ylands Wiki page a few weeks back, if people want they can contribute would be great to see this currently "small" ylands community create a good wiki so wenn Ylands get launched on steam people can check that out for some help :)  http://ylands.gamepedia.com/Ylands_Wiki

PS. I don't think this is "off topic", it is about ylands ;) 

Edited by A3_Melle
  • Upvote 2

I started working on the "Foods" category but needed the crafting recipes from the devs. I was unable to get the recipes and I dont play the game enough right now to know the recipes.

• Upvote 1

Well, I could help too. I was working on that wiki a little in the past but most of my post are already not true. :S And to CoolPrius, if you want to know some recipe just PM me and I will try to find it out. ;) 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Miguel Preguisa said:

Well, I could help too. I was working on that wiki a little in the past but most of my post are already not true. :S And to CoolPrius, if you want to know some recipe just PM me and I will try to find it out. ;) 

Thats the "downside" of early acces, the game can change for larger parts, but the basics are still the same to start the 1st survival on Yland (create the first tools, find food and create a shelter). 

If you look at the many "survival" game guides they always start with a "intro" about the game after that the "basic needs" to survive so that should be on the opening area for the wiki, the longer you play Yland the experience of the Ylander will become better and he moves on to more expert creating (and building), and of course the Ylands team still has alot of work and suprises coming our way before the "steam launch" :) 

Is there any way of getting all of the thumbnail icons for the items in the game? I'd love to add them to the wiki.

Is there a discord group or any group that people working on the wiki can join and communicate what they are working on? I was thinking of making a quick spreadsheet of say x category and fill it in as the recipes are discovered than go and add them on the wiki as we add them. We could make a spreadsheet for each section and add everyone to it who wants to help?

On 5/20/2017 at 3:08 AM, handofthesly said:

Is there any way of getting all of the thumbnail icons for the items in the game? I'd love to add them to the wiki.

The best way would prob be to load the items in the editor and take a screenshot and cut them out in photoshop.