Farixy

What was your first videogame?

Hello,

I'm generally curious, which videogame was the first you ever played? - mine was Ratchet & Clank (1) for the Playstation 2!

I'm 17 now so more recent games applied to me when I was a kid so my first video game is most probably not everyone's first video game so don't be shocked. The first thing that I had that screamed "video game" was a Gameboy Advance. The first game I ever played was Super Mario Bros 3. I don't have vivid memory of playing the game but do remember raging a lot, so no funny story unfortunately :/.

• Upvote 1

The first game I remember playing was when I was four or five years old (twelve years back). When I was sick at home and my brothers had to look after me they often let me play Yeti Sports. :D

spiel-yeti-sports-2-orca-slap-336.jpg.f6e60c1fb39c78df101a33ec7fdf46a0.jpg

But GBA games came fast after!

• Upvote 1

Ha... you guys have nothing on me when it comes to being old :P

My very first game ever played was Pong on a console connected directly to the tv... and the console could play only.... Pong :D 

Some years after that we got our first computer - a C64 with tape station where my most played game was Bruce Lee :P 

• Upvote 1

For me the first game I ever played must have been Solitaire on windows. ahahaha When I first played it I have never rage quit a game so fast! :D

On 12/9/2017 at 1:45 PM, hallie said:

Ha... you guys have nothing on me when it comes to being old :P

My very first game ever played was Pong on a console connected directly to the tv... and the console could play only.... Pong :D 

Some years after that we got our first computer - a C64 with tape station where my most played game was Bruce Lee :P 

@hallie HA!  I was just about to say the same thing!  Pong was 1st game console my cousin had and 1st console game I ever played... My first "computer" was the Commodore 64 and then I got an Atari 2600.  I vaguely remember playing some hunted house text based game on a friend's Apple when they first came out... remember loading up magnetic tapes on those old buggers??? And yes I Played the heck out of Bruce Lee on the C64... that was the only game we had if I remember correctly.

5 minutes ago, Lupowop said:

@hallie HA!  I was just about to say the same thing!  Pong was 1st game console my cousin had and 1st console game I ever played... My first "computer" was the Commodore 64 and then I got an Atari 2600.  I vaguely remember playing some hunted house text based game on a friend's Apple when they first came out... remember loading up magnetic tapes on those old buggers??? And yes I Played the heck out of Bruce Lee on the C64... that was the only game we had if I remember correctly.

Oh yes yes... The tape station and Turbo Load (made me feel like such a hacker that I knew that haha :D). I also played hours and hours of Boulder Dash on the C64... After that we got an Amiga 500 with floppy disk :o ... oh, the times of patience and bad gfx :D 

9 minutes ago, hallie said:

Oh yes yes... The tape station and Turbo Load (made me feel like such a hacker that I knew that haha :D). I also played hours and hours of Boulder Dash on the C64... After that we got an Amiga 500 with floppy disk :o ... oh, the times of patience and bad gfx :D 

oh that was and has been half the fun of being around in those days... I simply LOVE watching gfx progress from 2 lines and a dot to the realism(ish) that is found in a game like ARK Survival... I vividly remember jumping when the zombie dobermans busted through the hallway window in the very first Resident Evil came out on playstation one... and games like Duke Nukem were over the top next gen graphics!  Now in in it more for the content

The year was 1991 - I was 5 years old playing Qbasic Gorillas! 

But... my first real true video-game love was the Quest for Glory saga on my IBM 386 back in 1992 :)

Edited by John - NEXFER
  • Like 1

My first game was Alex Kid :D

Punching enemies with my mouth was great in that time :P

Edited by BigBoss87

Pong, mid 70s... Frst PC game was Age of Empires in 1997...Frst MMORPG was Ultima Online, later that same year...  Frst FPS was Counter-Strike in 1999.

Since 1997, when I got my first PC, I have been averaging 4 hours of sleep a night, and averaging 6 hours a day playing, moding, or chatting about video games. 

My first Arcade game was space invaders
My first hand held video game was football, but I didn't care for it much and I ended up getting as gifts, a hand held space invaders and Merlin.
My first console game was Tank for the Atari
My first computer game was a text adventure game called the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy. Later on it was Montezuma's Revenge that kept me up late.

My friend had the N64, I had the Adam Computer System with built in Coleco console system, it was a console and computer in one.

Space Invaders:
space-invaders-btm.svg

Football (image is remake - I think):
41S43M5FHYL._SY450_.jpg

Merlin:
1200px-Parker_brothers_merlin_hand_held_

Tank:
359368d8e667327010d7687a120635f6.jpg

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy:
the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy_2.pn

Montezuma's Revenge:
montezumas_revenge_parker_6.gif

Adam Computer System:
gallery_3_115_100130.jpg

no pong yet? my parents had one of these connected to the living room tv when i grew up. it was then replaced by an atari 2600. :-)

• Upvote 1

Lol pong was my 1st. I didnt have it but the kid across the street did and we were like amazed it was so awesome lol.  Look how far we've come ?