Jared Diamond

RESOLVED [YLD-7580] I cannot play anymore

Question

Hello fellow reader, normally i'd give an introduction to something like this but I am eager to start playing again so here it is

I played for a while this last week and I noticed some bugs and glitches with the 0.6 update (and I reported on it) but after a while of playing I started crashing from servers (many, many, many, many times) Unfortunately I no longer have the crash reports since I've tried reinstalling the game (and verifying game integrity through Steam but no success). Initially I presumed that the crashes were related to weird movement I was making in-game, for example swimming and randomly seeing the walking animation eventhough I was still swimming, but I thought nothing of it and just continued piling up the crash reports. After playing for a long time of not experiencing any crashes I decided to close the game. Some time passed and I was ready to get back on Ylands. I've been ready for many hours but Ylands doesnt seem to want me to play it. Everytime I hit play I get a black screen if I click once it becomes a white screen and a little box comes up telling me the game is not responding. While on the blackscreen I allowed up to 20 minutes pass but no results.

I sent @Ane my crash reports before I did anything, so if anything, she can make it public.

I also experienced this a lot:Ylands_171118_182100.thumb.png.db715fc880632d8f9c518a8ea6eedb00.png

This was an endless cycle of me loading into the server. 

Edit: I located the files and am posting them now:

error (1).log

output_log (1).txt

error.log

output_log.txt

• Like 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I've got the same crash issue in explore mode. At first it was once a few hours, randomly, now it's constant - minute or two after loading savegame.

Glad to find out I’m not the only one. I was already pricing parts for a new rig. ?        I keep chanting “It’s only alpha, It’s only alpha” lol, love this game though. 

• Haha 1