Sign in to follow this  
Xaroc der Chihuahuamagier

CANT REPRODUCE [YLD-7629] Host unreachable =(

Question

Hello Ylanders,

unfortunately since the last update nobody can choin my map that i host. Theres always the message "host unreachable". That means, that we can not make videos anymore =(.

We even tried to create a new world, but there's the same problem. Do you already know about this issue and do you have any solution for us, we would need a video for sunday.

greetings
Xaroc

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hello! Any chance you could send us the game logs from your game instance and from the one that tried to join?

Nevertheless, we are switching to Steam networking for the next minor patch, which should eliminate this type of issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xaroc der Chihuahuamagier said:

Hello Ylanders,

unfortunately since the last update nobody can choin my map that i host. Theres always the message "host unreachable". That means, that we can not make videos anymore =(.

We even tried to create a new world, but there's the same problem. Do you already know about this issue and do you have any solution for us, we would need a video for sunday.

greetings
Xaroc

Are you hosting dedicated? There will be no update for the dedicated server yet as the dedicated still needs more work, and bug fixes having priority for the Steam release. The lead designer said this about it (I marked it in bold):

On 20-11-2017 at 11:50 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

Let me thank you again for all the feedback (it's more important now than ever before) and give you an update on the current situation  

* we are currently putting all the reported issues into our system (since it's all done in a single thread we won't be changing its name to show the issue number but if you ever needed to know under which number is a certain thing filed ask Ane and she will tell you)

* later today we'll be making a post describing all the changes made to the tech-tree and what it means for you (we'll provide the link in here)

* for Dedicated Server Beta to work properly with this Steam version some things need to be addressed first and it's quite likely that the updated version will be available shortly after the game released on Steam and not before that since now we're focusing mostly on bug fixing

* absolute priority fixes for us currently are:
 - Dedicated servers crashing with players unable to log in
 - Adding ways for players to easily return to servers where they played via MP Lobby
 - MP games getting unplayable as soon as ships come to play

We plan to release a large patch on 29.11. (releasing one sooner would mean a lot of additional time spent on closing it down and putting it to test at the cost of bug fixing)  which should contain these fixes (obviously along with dozens of others - it's time the jumping sharks finally started to behave :) ) - that will basically be a Steam release candidate for us.  Please note that in the upcoming days we will be working extremely hard so the communication from other people than Ane may be rather sparse and you may get some answers with some small delay. If you encounter any additional bugs we will very grateful if you report them to us. 

Adrie