Sign in to follow this  
Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #21

Hey there, fellow ylanders!

The “Countless Colors” have been released successfully so let me just quickly update you on what’s going on now and what is going to happen in the next few weeks.

With less than two weeks before we hit Steam, we’re fully focused on fixing, tweaking and polishing. We already managed to fix some serious issues found in 0.6 as well as some that have been lurking around for a longer time. The feedback you’ve been providing us with is extremely valuable - we’ve even received lists of most annoying bugs from some of you and those are also taken into consideration as to what should be fixed next.

It’s obvious that we won’t be able to fix everything before the Steam, especially since we can’t keep fixing bugs till the very last minute, upload the version to Steam and just hope for the best. The fixing will continue for several more days followed by yet another testing stage where only critical issues will be addressed and then, on Dec 1st we’ll release an update 0.6.1 containing mostly fixes. That for us will be  “Steam Release Candidate”. We will be impatiently awaiting your additional feedback - unless some serious, critical issues are encountered, this exact version will be released several days later on Steam.

Painting.png
"Countless Colors", the largest update released so far is now out there for everyone to enjoy

With the game released on Steam we will also post information about what our plans for the whole Early Access stage (6-8 months) are that way you'll know what to expect in Ylands 1.0. A clear vision, a locked list of features and improvements that will be added to the game during this period will make it easier for us to meet the deadlines and for you to see how we progress and if there’s any delay. We honestly can’t wait to tell you what we have in store for you :).

Before the end of the year, you can expect yet another small update (0.6.2) that will contain additional fixes and tweaks - things that won't make it into Steam Release Candidate as well as new ones that will very likely arise after the new players arrive.

Let me thank you again for all the feedback and we’ll talk to you next week - until then you have a great time and stay classy!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

So far, the 0.6 looks great! The changes in my perspective have made all the difference, from the gameplay to the greater utility of everything. I think now there is more balance in spending resources as well (maybe it's because I've been playing for some time).

I'm curious to see what will bring us to the store, some decorations for what I could see, we will have very beautiful things to use and of course pets.

Its so close now :D

Hint  Hint Hint....:D   any  chance  of  more female avatar clothing? 

I notice  more animals .. the yland i am on  now is littered with testaments ....   and after surviving multiple   brown bear attacks at  my spawn point  i discovered there's  6 of them hanging around that area!

Looking  forward to  the  updates and   new stuff.;)

Created 3 different explorer maps and all had bears waiting for me at near my spawn point. :)  The fourth time was a charm.

i also had a pack of  5 wolves...  one even made it to the gates of  my base and was waiting when i returned after a respawn ...luckily i had a  spare spear  just inside the doorway.  There seems to be more  wildlife   now .. and  some of the horses are two toned ...light brown with a dark  brown mane and tail. Luckily i found an area   with feathers..and a tower with a  crossbow..

I also  notice that  hammers  don't last as long  as before ..and sometimes the  iron hammer will no be  recognized when crafting  stone...you need a  stone  hammer as well.

Overall the game  looks and feels  better ... and i still getting the sharks   sitting offshore watching me  build:D... but  so far  none  flying  or   stuck in trees.

Agree with above, it seems like the animals are more and more in controle with a "fresh spawned" Yland, it took me a long time to clear the MP explore spawns from wolfs and bears (even bears came in a pack of 4). 

All I can say about this update is that it give me a feeling discovering Ylands all over again with a large part of the workstations and tools, and it actualy ain't so bad as that makes it a bit more challenging :) 

Edited by A3_Melle

In order to make the game enjoyable for those on Steam, I feel like the boat bug where you get "sea legs" (as another user posted earlier on) should be a priority.

Edited by Jared Diamond
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 25/11/2017 at 8:25 AM, A3_Melle said:

Agree with above, it seems like the animals are more and more in controle with a "fresh spawned" Yland, it took me a long time to clear the MP explore spawns from wolfs and bears (even bears came in a pack of 4).

There shouldn't be any aggresive animals at the spawn area actually :) It will be fixed.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ane said:

There shouldn't be any aggresive animals at the spawn area actually :) It will be fixed.

Thanks @Ane for the update :)

• Upvote 1