Sign in to follow this  
Sprout

RESOLVED Boat "requires" Blacksmith Station, cannot be built

Question

I have been playing this game a number of months but was away for a few updates. I am now using the STEAM version.  In trying to make a boat (the small sailboat) I get a message in red that it REQUIRES BLACKSMITH STATION:

fQo44b7.png
https://imgur.com/fQo44b7

I have never needed to use a Blacksmith Station in the past to create a boat. I tried both a blacksmith Forge and a Smelting Forge and a Foundary and it won't let me make the boat. I saw someplace a mention from someone you have to SPAM the button but even punching it over and over, I cannot make the boat. I have tried in the water, along the shore, and next to the Blacksmoth FORGE. i have also relogged as well as exiting and relaunching the game.

Please let me know what I am missing? I have made these boats countless times in the past with no issue but that was before recent updates.

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

That is strange, I can understand that a blacksmith station is needed for the nails and made a ship last Monday and could just place it wenn I had all the needed resources. Did you verify your steam game? Could be that some files are conflicting with the non steam version. 

Hi there Sprout, nice to see you back!

That is definitely a bug and our designers already fixed it - however, it's not in the live version yet. As a workaround, please make sure you'got a hammer and open the crafting menu and click on the boat first before any other recipes.

• Upvote 1

Ok I was finally able to build the boat, I had to NOT type in "B-O-A-T" and instead scroll through the longer list looking for the item (not easy since a lot of items unlocked by then).  I monkeyed around until I could get one to come up without "requiring" some various crafting station (I got "LOOM" one time) but then the  problem was there is no button to CRAFT even though I had all items, plus a hammer-for-luck (hammer is not listed as a requirement as it was in earlier versions), plus was standing in the water.

Finally I reorganized/rearranged all the components in my inventory so that they were first items listed (not sure if that made any difference BUT I did  finally get the CRAFT button) and made the boat.

Whew! But it is done yay.  Will be glad to see that fixed before Dec 6 :D

Edited by Sprout
  • Upvote 1