JethroKi

NPC idea

Question

Hello, Ive just discovered this game recently and I've been watching some videos of gameplay and checked out some creations made by players on the forums. I'm very excited for Dec to get my hands on the game.

One thing I think would be a nice addition is the ability to add human life to the game through npc characters. I've created lots of buildings and villages in mine craft before and the one thing it has missed is life. 

I thought it'd be neat if, for example they added a benefit to production. So for example if you "craft" or find a blacksmith npc, you can place him in a sheltered location with 3 furnaces within the radius and the blacksmith npc will then be able to take all of your raw iron and craft it in to ingots for you (instead of you filling the furnaces yourself). Same rules would apply for a tailor npc surrounded by weaving looms for example.

Thats just my idea to add human npcs in to the game to give potential villages or towns more life to it. Hopefully that idea made some sense. I'm curious about how you think about it or if you have your own ideas. 

Thanks, looking forward to playing!

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I absolutely agree with NPC's! It doesnt necessarily have to be game breaking. Maybe in secondary islands there can be a small passive tribes offering quests ( for example, give 100 iron ingots, then you'll receive a unique cosmetic item)... or something like companions that follows you around, talking to you, picking up items, and doing minuscule damage, or a bit of healing/buffing support (when they die, they wait at player's respawn point). And something like in Terraria, where you make certain achievements to unlock passive npc's that sells specific stuff... anything that could make single player mode a bit less lonely in the long run please. Of course there's also the idea of hostile npcs (pirates/thieves/cannibals/soldiers) etc..

Hello there! I have mixed feelings about adding NPCs (or atleast the way you described them) to the game, because if you can have an NPC for everything (or most things), the game COULD become boring. It WOULD however, be cool if there were NPC tribes similar to the Ylands trailer where "Native Americans" could maybe run after you if they see you or something of that sort.

True I'd agree with the fact that it may be tedious if the npc characters served an OP function to the base. They may not have to serve a purpose to production or efficiency at all but something to breathe life in to potential villages or towns. I've always enjoyed building villages but at the end of the day I've created a ghost town. I think simply having a "human" presence would add a neat element even if they were cosmetic in function. Or even if their function was limited so not to make them a necessity.

The idea of hostile npc humans is always fun. Just one more thing thing that could kill ya! ;p

• Like 1

•NPC

•Islander•

1.Native 

> The good loving tribe that live peacefully in the island.

> possible trading rare item and hiring npc to do work such as smithing, tailoring, cooking, go on an adventure to clear a dungeon, building(for hardcore) and more.

*caution* 

Do not steal nor destroy around the village or they will kill you.

Mood meter on the side of the screen

2. Carnivore Native

> will kill and eat you upon discovering you

> good and awesome loot in the village come from their victims 

*note*

Meter on the side of the screen whether they about discover you or not

Ducking and crawling would be nice

3.The adventurer (rare)

> Right outside the dungeon or cave ready to clear it And have most/some of  the information about the place

> After clearing the area he/she will leave the island for more

*note*

Pls try not to kill the adventurer cause they will kill you(they have the experience)

4.The Survivor(rare)

> In an island trying to survive. You can work with this person together like gathering resources, building, and more.

*note*

Mood is important cause you to might fight together.

5.Pirate

> Highly dangerous

*note*

A bar meter whether the cannon will hit you.

*caution*

Will chase you if you get close. 

Their ship is faster.

6.The hunger boat rider (very very rare)

> Dying and possible ship crew

> Have a rare item after eating 

• Upvote 1