paukku

Hang boat from ship?

Question

Is it possible or will it be possible to hang boat in side of ship like in real ships. It would help landing so sailors wouldn't need to park ship close and get stuck or swim with sharks.

• Upvote 19

18 replies to this bug / suggestion

13 hours ago, Kristobal64 said:

I think instead of a developer solution, it would be great to have functional ropes, platforms and winch parts so that players could engineer their own interesting solutions from the available options. This would lead to much deeper and unexpected gameplay.

What a great idea! I already imagine hauling out a giant ship for some maintenance. 

I like the idea of being able to attach the small boat on to a large ship. I think that would be a neat addition.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, paukku said:

Is it possible or will it be possible to hang boat in side of ship like in real ships. It would help landing so sailors wouldn't need to park ship close and get stuck or swim with sharks.

Paukku ...   check out my ship in the "Despotica" thread,  -  i have   placed a platform around the front  part of my ship with access stairs. What i do is  ease  my ship  close to a shoal without  grounding,  then  use  dirt to make a causeway from the side of the ship  to the shore. I add a couple of  stone panels  adjacent to the platform ..so  it easy for me to  leave ad  return to the ship ..and avoiding  swimming/sharks. I will try to post a screenshot of what i do in the  thread about  survival tips.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have seen on  youtube  some players  making a  scoop  attached to the side of their  ship to trap the smaller ship and therefore  recover it -but it apparently  affects steering ...  maybe a  tow rope be a possible  solution ?

• Upvote 1

Great Idea!!  I got "nibbled on" several times while making the transition from boat to land and vice versa... I love it!! Make it so number one!

I think instead of a developer solution, it would be great to have functional ropes, platforms and winch parts so that players could engineer their own interesting solutions from the available options. This would lead to much deeper and unexpected gameplay.

• Upvote 1

I don't need a Crane, hell I want is a Dinghy.  Been sailing on and off all my life and I just got my first large exploration ship going and first Ysland.....   "WHERES MY DINGHY"  Come on guys, sail the Dinghy up to the back with option to tie off to back as long as you have a rope.....  PLEASE

Edited by arkaeldren

I like the idea a lot. Alternately and maybe easier to implement, some sort of painter or tow rope system? might also be used for horse pulls cart (carts please), seed drill, car pull trailer etc.

On 16.12.2017 at 7:10 PM, 0ldguy said:

409750AF-B8ED-437E-85A9-7130A17BA532.jpeg

461CBE64-3659-47B5-BFA0-B63D802E8C3C.jpeg

And it's idea can be also useful for attaching not only little ship, and submarine too, little like a small boat, or bigger. It's can be made like press "E" and choose option you need, like a raise/lower, standing near the crane, who will bed to raise and lower the submarine or small ship from the water.

Suggestion about submarine here: 

IMG_20171219_160900.jpg

Edited by Asmodeus_KH
Correct
  • Like 2

To boil this down:

1. Add a feature to allow boats and even submarines to be attached to a ship via rope(s).
  2. Possible ship grappling/boarding - use grappling hooks in cannon?
  3. Use of cranes or lifts - mountable on ship sides, to allow docking of smaller boats.