Ane

Early Access plans!

On 5-12-2017 at 5:43 PM, Ane said:

We'll share some more info on that in the upcoming Dev Diary :)

On 5-12-2017 at 12:03 PM, Ane said:

Dear ylanders,

Ylands is a game that we intend to work on for many years to come. We have tons of ideas that we want to implement, but before we get to those truly special and unique ideas, we need to have a solid foundation to build on. That, for us, means Ylands 1.0, and that is exactly where we'll be when we leave Early Access.

Ylands 1.0 is planned to be released in summer 2018. Before we get there, we need to fix a lot of bugs, properly balance several game systems, and improve game performance and the multiplayer mode. But we'll also add some new features that we feel should be part of version 1.0.

Please note: even after that, you'll still receive regular, free updates and not much will actually change from your point of view.

So, here is what we are planning to add during the Early Access stage (in addition to numerous small features and improvements):

* NPCs
- scriptable characters from the editor
- humanoid enemies
- vendors

* Dynamic music system
- new extensive soundtrack
- music changing dynamically based on the current situation

* Whole new world in Exploration game
- new environment
- new enemies and animals
- new items and weaponry
- boss monster to fight

* Radical improvement of Editor scripting
- much more accessible, yet flexible, approach to setting up your own adventures

* Improved dedicated servers support
- improved tools

* Customizable Avatars

* Pets

In case you want to know more about any of these, feel free to ask on our forums or read our weekly Dev Diaries/Sneak Peeks where we regularly talk about upcoming updates.

hi i love ylands so far  but i am concerned about 1 thing what is the main focus of this game co op pve or pvp if its pvp i would like to know so i can uninstall immediately

2 hours ago, Blaauwie said:

hi i love ylands so far  but i am concerned about 1 thing what is the main focus of this game co op pve or pvp if its pvp i would like to know so i can uninstall immediately

Hello! If you want, you can play the game only in Singleplayer, and if you play in Multiplayer, you can open your map only to your friends, so you can all help each other :)

hi thanks for the fast reply i understand that  but what i mean is like what will the games main focus be lets say a game like Rust i bought this game on the release day  it was  a decent game but the developers did not put enough content in the game for it to be a co op survival game(only 1/2 npc hostile creatures) and instead made it into a player vs player  game this is my concern there are a lot of survival/crafting games out there but alot of them either focus on pvp or just dont appeal to me  but the case with ylands is i like it already thats why i am very curious  about whats  the developers main focus gonna be and i know most games offer pve andpvpbut people usually play them for 1 thing like i havent seen pvp servers in dont starve together and very few  in 7 days to die cause those 2 games are all about teamplay survival

I truly looking forward to many of what maybe or could be, as the gameplay and creations features (thus far) is great, for early access and the extra features will make it that much more fun specially for the ones that like to create (like myself) but the game does still have some road bumps that need to be fixed and/or tweaked so I’m glad you all are looking to fix them first. Don't get me wrong I love creating or playing the game and think that little extra will be super but taking care of the road bumps hopefully is the major part currently as I'm looking forward to that the must, as the more you add the more you need to fix or tweak...

Hi Ylands team,

I love the game so far - but what lies on my heart is ( I dont know if this is a valid phrase in english : ) the transportation of horses and cars. That would really be a great thing and would increase the usage of both. Is it planned to implement that fix/feature (however you want to call it : ) in v1.0?

Thanks in advance!

20 hours ago, glubbfreund said:

Hi Ylands team,

I love the game so far - but what lies on my heart is ( I dont know if this is a valid phrase in english : ) the transportation of horses and cars. That would really be a great thing and would increase the usage of both. Is it planned to implement that fix/feature (however you want to call it : ) in v1.0?

Thanks in advance!

It is indeed planned for 1.0 :)

• Like 2

was just reading thru old threads cause I was bored and realized its October 2018, and it's still 0.10 haha but its okay as you dont want to rush perfection.

On 10/16/2018 at 12:53 AM, Smoothey said:

was just reading thru old threads cause I was bored and realized its October 2018, and it's still 0.10 haha but its okay as you dont want to rush perfection.

And how far we are now ? So close to release! And also hope you're doing well Smootheynos and come back soon ?

heyho, someone knows, if the next update brings npc-ships and more humanoid npc gameplay into exploration-mode, eventually? :) ~editor is fine but not anyone´s thing

21 hours ago, Dead8Eye said:

heyho, someone knows, if the next update brings npc-ships and more humanoid npc gameplay into exploration-mode, eventually? :) ~editor is fine but not anyone´s thing

Not yet but it is the road we're taking, so in the future it should get into Exploration too ?

• Thanks 1