Sign in to follow this  
BigBoss87

RESOLVED Ship jumps when picking

Question

Hi

I was playing yesterday and I made a ship of 4 large masts.
During the construction of the ship, whenever I build something and if I take what I put the ship jumps sideways.

By putting a chest on the ship on a polar island, I ended up putting my ship on many pieces of land because the ship jumped that way, and it was a great punishment to get him out of there.

Fortunately all the effort was not in vain, I recovered the ship.

:) 

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Maybe that is what I've been experiencing also. I find it extremely difficult to build on my ship in first person mode - I have capsized multiple times when building in first person mode :/ 

I made a large ship with four large and three smaller masts, and i have to be very careful because it starts bucking and careening if I make too many moves.

The more things you add to a ship, the less stable it becomes.  I am not sure that is actually a bug. One- and two-masted ships seem very stable. Sometimes t helps to be in first person mode and sometimes it is better in third person mode. 

Now I make sure anytime i add or pick, I wait a minute for the ship to fully stabilize before proceeding.

I don't do any workstation crafting on this ship, I would imagine that could be very unstable. maybe make a slow boat for crafting and a fast one for exploring ... I tend to prefer though to just craft at my land base.

Edited by Sprout

Curious if you are all building while the ship is anchored, or not?

I build while anchored and haven't had this issue? 

While not anchored, the boat moves with the waves and it would make placing very hard!

26 minutes ago, John - NEXFER said:

Curious if you are all building while the ship is anchored, or not?

I build while anchored and haven't had this issue? 

While not anchored, the boat moves with the waves and it would make placing very hard!

In my case is a thing that I always do.