Ghelmaron

Fatal Login Error

Question

Good morning!

Brand new user. Just bought the game off of steam and installed right away.  Have not played Ylands before. Upon starting, I immediately get a black screen with a blue box and the following message:

"FATAL LOGIN ERROR

/Steam init: Code: 0 API Code: Message:

SteamAPI init failed"

Happens if I launch Ylands from shortcut, or from my Steam library directly, or from the ylands.exe. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have used the "Verify files" option from the game properties within my Steam library. When I search on the internet, I see at least two other users that had this, or a similar problem, but their forum entries simply end with them saying it was resolved, with no details to a solution.

I also attached a copy of a screenshot of the error.

Ghelmaron

YlandsError01.jpg

41 replies to this bug / suggestion

In case it helps, my Ylands game folder is 1.13GB in size, with 11 folders and 74 files.

I have also tried right-clicking on ylands.exe and use "Run as Administrator" and encounter the same issue.

we are having issues too, one of my sons got that as well. the 2 other just won't play and 2 are saying "content file locked" in steam.

We are aware of the issue and we're looking into it, I'll post something here once I know more. I appreciate your patience!

3 minutes ago, Ghelmaron said:

Thank you, Ane! I appreciate the prompt reply. :)

Can you please attach your DxDiag report?

As requested I have appeared to post my DxDiag, though I am receiving a Request Timed Out error rather than a SteamAPI Init failure. Included screenshot for example.

Fatal_Error-Request_Timeout.png

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Krynoc
Edit
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ane said:

We are aware of the issue and we're looking into it, I'll post something here once I know more. I appreciate your patience!

I cant even get it started up after installing. as soon as I installed it I got a threat message and my virus protection kicked in.

Might be related-  Last night I crashed on exit, and this morning experienced a similar error.  I was able to get into the game on the second attempt, however all my games were rolled back, and the usual in-game snapshots shown when you select a game were replaced with low-resolution maps.  Entering and exiting these games restored the snapshots, however trying to remove a game only results in removing the new snapshot, and I cannot actually delete the save.

Suspiciously missing ~120 flax seedlings and a foundry :( :

f1c8bba602.jpg

Removing a game results in this:

7dab755e6b.jpg

Just to let you know, we are working on a possible fix for the 'request timeout' issue and some diagnostics to help identify the 'steamApi init fail' issue. Thanks for your patience!

• Thanks 2

We just released a hotfix that should help with these issues. We would need logs from those of you still experiencing request timeout or steamapi init fail issues after the update.

The logs are located in the installation directory (steam/library/ylands/properties/tab-local-files/click browse-local-files button) under Ylands_data/output_log_clean.txt.

Thank you!

Just now, Fluffy2257 said:

I get the same Problem Fatal Login error
/steam init code: 0 API Code: Message: steamAPI init failed

Please make sure you download the latest Ylands update on Steam.

17 minutes ago, Ane said:

Please make sure you download the latest Ylands update on Steam.

i just got the game and installed it But its not working

9 minutes ago, Fluffy2257 said:

i just got the game and installed it But its not working

Please send us the logs that are located in the installation directory (steam/library/ylands/properties/tab-local-files/click browse-local-files button) under Ylands_data/output_log_clean.txt.

1 minute ago, Ane said:

Please send us the logs that are located in the installation directory (steam/library/ylands/properties/tab-local-files/click browse-local-files button) under Ylands_data/output_log_clean.txt.

My folder does not contain that txt

Please double check you're checking the correct folder :)

13 hours ago, Fluffy2257 said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.53fe32e06f4a908edaf00ea55933292f.PNG

THAT'S HOW MY FILES LOOK AND I HAVE UNINSTALLED THE GAME AND REINSTALLED IT STILL LOOKS THE SAME

Edited by Fluffy2257
not getting a reply