toxycated

RESOLVED YLands (Steam) Crash on launch

Question

Just bought the game about a half hour ago and installed it but the game continues to crash on launch only giving me a white screen and a popup saying the game has crashed and to upload the contents of a specific folder to the devs.

I had played the trial version a few days ago with no issue whatsoever but the steam release just refuses to work :(

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.zip

DxDiag.txt

crash.zip

DxDiag.txt

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.zip

DxDiag.txt

error.log

output_log.txt

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

After googling the error contained within the files i found the solution that worked. I had to shut down RivaTuner Statistics Server /  MSI Afterburner and the game launched just fine.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, toxycated said:

Just bought the game about a half hour ago and installed it but the game continues to crash on launch only giving me a white screen and a popup saying the game has crashed and to upload the contents of a specific folder to the devs.

I had played the trial version a few days ago with no issue whatsoever but the steam release just refuses to work :(

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.zip

DxDiag.txt

crash.zip

DxDiag.txt

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.zip

DxDiag.txt

error.log

output_log.txt

Not sure if this helps, no idea if this is Ylands related or your system related, however in the meantime prior to a Ylands official commenting, some things I would try -

Restart PC

Restart Steam

If still giving this issue -

Uninstall and reinstall the game.

If still giving this issue -

Check for the latest DirectX and game-ready prerequisites are installed.

Check for driver updates for your GeForce GTX 760 and / or your Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3680.

Edited by John - NEXFER

This is marked as resolved, yet I do not see something declared as the solution. I am having the exact same problem, so I'd like to know how you fixed this.

20 minutes ago, Migelthesloth said:

This is marked as resolved, yet I do not see something declared as the solution. I am having the exact same problem, so I'd like to know how you fixed this.

Hi there, this was resolved on an individual case basis, rather than a catch-all!

"After googling the error contained within the files i found the solution that worked. I had to shut down RivaTuner Statistics Server /  MSI Afterburner and the game launched just fine."

I will see if I can help in your thread.